Super UDT2

houser52

Equipment
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600, LA680 Loader
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
It's time for the fluid to be changed again in my L3600 GST.

First a little history...

Lately the transmission has started to get a little noisy when shifting between forward and reverse. There has also been more hesitation when up shifting or down shifting.

Since it has a GST transmission, I assumed that the tractor came with Super UDT in it when I bought it and I put Super UDT back in it at the first fluid change. Since then a local dealer installed a used but like new LA680 loader on it. I asked him to top off with Super UDT but who knows what he actually used or what fluid was in there to begin with.

I've also had to replace multiple hydraulic hoses on the loader and each time add fluid back. Regular UDT was available at the time and that's what I had to use to top off.

I guess my questions to the guys who run Super UDT2 are... Should the GST quieten back down and improve performance after I change back to Super UDT? Will I see any benefits to the loader's performance?

I've searched and read most of the comments on different forums but haven't seen what I'm wanting to know. Most comments get side tracked on what other fluids people are using and the prices and I'm not interested in all that.

Just to get this out of the way, I've already bought the Super UDT2 and paid $98 per 5 gallon bucket.

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
GST's don't really care about what you run in them.

GST are a standard gear transmission with and semi automatic shifter, if your getting noise, hard shifts or missed shifts it's got a problem, could be as simple as a maladjustment or as complicated as a worn parts.

I'll send you a link for a download of the WSM, look through the transmission portion and see if that helps you at all.

I have a GST much older than yours, a mechanic grenaded it, So I completely rebuilt the transmission and now it's smooth as silk to run and I don't get any noise out of the transmission, and I only run Mystik JT-5 (UDT equivalent) in it.

The major difference between the UDT and Super UDT-2 is that the Super UDT-2 is a synthetic version. ;)

houser52

Equipment
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600, LA680 Loader
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
Update-
I serviced my L3600 GST yesterday with Super UDT2 in the trans/hydraulics and Mobil 1 75W90 Synthetic in the front axle.

After changing the fluids I let the tractor idle for a few minutes and operated the loader and lift, then did some light bush hogging for about thirty minutes. I think there's something to be said about using Super UDT in a GST tractor. Maybe it was just me but I think the loader and transmission both operate much more smoothly and has better response. I have about 4 acres to bush hog this afternoon to put it to the test.

Wolfman-
Thanks again for the info. I read through it and I don't think I had any problems. The fluid change seemed to bring everything back to where the GST sounds like normal. I never had any hard/missed shifts just some noise when shuttling between forward and reverse.