Summit hydraulic 3rd function and rear remotes

Brett439

Equipment
L3400, LA524 FEL, BH76
Apr 30, 2015
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hi all, first time for me posting on the forum. I have a quick question. I have a Kubota L3400 that I want to add front and rear remotes to. The tractor has a backhoe and FEL. As I do not see my tractor model listed on the Summit website I'm not sure if the unit listed for the other Kubota "L" models would work. I contacted Summit and they tell me to use their universal unit. One other question. Both the universal and model specific units come with and without a joystick option. Is there an advantage of using that over a momentary switch? Since I already have power beyond hoses at the back of the tractor due to the backhoe, this should be an easy install. I apologize if I sound a little naive here. Thank you, Brett

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi all, first time for me posting on the forum. I have a quick question. I have a Kubota L3400 that I want to add front and rear remotes to. The tractor has a backhoe and FEL. As I do not see my tractor model listed on the Summit website I'm not sure if the unit listed for the other Kubota "L" models would work. I contacted Summit and they tell me to use their universal unit. One other question. Both the universal and model specific units come with and without a joystick option. Is there an advantage of using that over a momentary switch? Since I already have power beyond hoses at the back of the tractor due to the backhoe, this should be an easy install. I apologize if I sound a little naive here. Thank you, Brett
A quick look - all the L and universal 3rd function kits include a joystick switch. I dont see any option to delete it. It is a (grossly overpriced) momentary switch in a plastic shell that mounts to the OEM joystick.

The solenoid valves are mounted on the loader post and plumbed into the power beyond port on the liader valve.

Brett439

Equipment
L3400, LA524 FEL, BH76
Apr 30, 2015
Ronkonkoma, NY
Thank you for your reply,

The above is what is on their website. I think I understand what they are saying now. Initially I thought the kit came with the "third function" controller for the FEL joystick regardless, and I did not know what the additional joystick option was for. Now I understand it to mean that I can order the kit with or without that option. I obviously want that option to run a grapple. Below is the link they provided me with: https://summit-hydraulics.com/produ...ct-tractors-two-spool-three-spool-four-spool/ Again, thank you for your reply. I believe I will go with the 4-spool unit with Joystick option.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank you for your reply,

The above is what is on their website. I think I understand what they are saying now. Initially I thought the kit came with the "third function" controller for the FEL joystick regardless, and I did not know what the additional joystick option was for. Now I understand it to mean that I can order the kit with or without that option. I obviously want that option to run a grapple. Below is the link they provided me with: https://summit-hydraulics.com/produ...ct-tractors-two-spool-three-spool-four-spool/ Again, thank you for your reply. I believe I will go with the 4-spool unit with Joystick option.
OK - that is not s third function kit. It is a rear remote valve kit.

Dan

Brett439

Equipment
L3400, LA524 FEL, BH76
Apr 30, 2015
Ronkonkoma, NY
I want to run both rear remotes (i.e. Top and tilt) as well as third function for say a grapple. I believe this kit will accomplish that.

Brett439

Equipment
L3400, LA524 FEL, BH76
Apr 30, 2015
Ronkonkoma, NY
I'll remove the backhoe. Although I believe there will be enough room as the valve body gets mounted on the ROP.