Stump bucket titan or cri

Smf834

Equipment
L2501dt
Nov 1, 2021
1a2b3c
Looking to get a stump bucket to help loosen some roots. Have anyone used one from Titan, or good works or cri? The titan one seems to be the longest, and cheapest. It seems like you don’t want too much fulcrum from the bucket that can overstress the loader. Any real life experience using any of these stump bucket? Thank you.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I’m assuming you are looking at the lighter weight unit 150 lbs? I think they can be a very useful attachment but as you already realize you could potentially over stress your loader.

I purchased The HD version from Titan some years ago, it weighs about 500 lbs, I used it initially on my MX5800, it was useful at times but they are not the most convenient thing to use as it can be difficult to see what you are doing from the tractor seat. I later purchased a track loader and the HD stump bucket became an amazing tool.

In summary I would recommend buying the light weight model for your L series as it can at times give you some capabilities that are very useful, operate it with care to not damage your loader.

JWool

Equipment
B2650HSDC FEL & Front Snow Blower, ZT-Z421, GL11000 Generator
Dec 29, 2013
Northern MI
Looking to get a stump bucket to help loosen some roots. Have anyone used one from Titan, or good works or cri? The titan one seems to be the longest, and cheapest. It seems like you don’t want too much fulcrum from the bucket that can overstress the loader. Any real life experience using any of these stump bucket? Thank you.
I bought the Titan a few years ago and reaaly like it, I do have sandy soil so it works well for my needs.
I also use it to dig trenches for sprinkler system and majority of the needed depth for a power line to the barn.

Smf834

Equipment
L2501dt
Nov 1, 2021
1a2b3c
Is it worth extra $300 to get either the cri or goodworks “smaller” version rather than the titan?

JWool

Equipment
B2650HSDC FEL & Front Snow Blower, ZT-Z421, GL11000 Generator
Dec 29, 2013
Northern MI
Is it worth extra $300 to get either the cri or goodworks “smaller” version rather than the titan?
For a 25hp to 35hp tractor I think the Titan is built heavy enough to handle any sitution the loader can handle, the only thing that I noticed on the others that might be handy would be the 3 point front edge, that might be a little better for cutting roots.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Bad idea in my opinion. Stump buckets are meant for Skid steers or very large tractors where the strength of the FEL arms far outweigh root strength. Your machine is nowhere near that size. Make sure you have insurance that covers accidental damage.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I've got this one:

Best Stump Bucket For Skid Steer Quick Attach (Free Shipping) Titan Attachments™ (palletforks.com)

Like UpNorthNI said, kinda hard to see what you're doing with it without a lotta craning around the FEL. This is one implement where a camera might help. The factory level indicator set for the normal bucket is NOT level with this one, so if I want to use it for trenching, I have to change the indicator so I know the bucket is flat when I need it flat. Can't see it to tell. When all the way down on the FEL, it's hard to dig on a grade (level) because the bottom knuckles of the SSQA are lower than the bottom of the bucket, and they dig in. This is particularly annoying in clay soil. In clay, it'll dig a lot faster than the stock bucket with a tooth bar on it, but it doesn't make a very pretty trench. Pretty much like using a shovel. It takes a little practice and use to figure out what works best.

It is VERY handy for relocating small trees because it's pointed enough to be able to shove it deep in the ground around the tree to cut it loose, as well as dig the destination hole. I've moved several small cedars (up to 3" diameter) that way, and they're doing just fine.

As UpNorthMI also pointed out, you must be VERY careful to not drag with. The longer moment arm of the bucket's point will bend a bucket cylinder in a blink if you catch something solid with the point. Whatever you do with this bucket, make sure you're pulling with the cylinders, not pushing.

Reactions: 1 users

milanmark

Equipment
B2601, Bucket, Grapple, Brush hog, stump bucket is ordered!
Jul 7, 2021
Milan, MI
I bought the Goodworks tractor mini bucket. I think it will be just the right size for my B2601. Don't plan on taking out any large stumps will use it most for small saplings, autumn olive, oaks, shrubs...
we'll see how that goes before I try anything too big!

Smf834

Equipment
L2501dt
Nov 1, 2021
1a2b3c
I like the smaller size stump bucket, but nobody has it in stock. Palletfork.com is the only vendor yhat has in stock titan stump bucket.