Stump bucket on a BX?

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I had heard that using a pressure washer to remove the dirt is the way to go before attempting to cut the roots. I'm planning on using a reciprocating saw with a pruning blade to cut roots along with an axe. The stump bucket seems like it would make the process a lot quicker.
I am sure a Stump Bucket would help speed things along, but it may not save you as much time as you think. By the time you have blasted the root ball free of soil and cut the now exposed big roots with the tool of your choice, your loader bucket can snap any remaining entanglements.

But of course, buying a new tool is always fun, and you might use it more in a different situation.

Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
sorry late in posting measurements for you.

here is the Artillian mini stump bucket. I have found the hydraulic relief before breaking something while using it on the B and BX. I try not to go nuts and keep the RPM around 2,000 in hopes that i don't break or bend anything. I much prefer grinding.

I have found it most effective in the > 6"-8" range. It is particularly good at stuff that isnt deeply rooted, and you can speed through ripping out mature shrubs. On more established, deeply rooted stumps it can take a bit of effort and work and is not much fun. The bucket is very handy though for a variety of things.

It is 16" deep, 18" wide at the top, and about 9.5" at the bottom section. It is more conservative compared to the others on the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user