Stuck clutch

cubitcm

Equipment
L260
Mar 24, 2011
Levittown, PA, Bucks County
Recently I noticed that my tractor was not engaging in gear after the clutch was released, I noticed that the gear oil was loaded with water. I immediatly changed the oil, flushed with some diesel and then refilled with new oil. The tractor seemed to be working much better and was getting better as I drove it. Suddenly the other day the clutch went to the floor but nothing happened, I noticed that the pin between the arm from the housing and the pedal connecting rod was gone, when I went to line things back up to put in a new pin the arm from the housing seemed stuck in a position that does not line up with the connecting rod. When trying to move it with the machine running there was a slight grinding noise, I also tried it with the machine off but still no luck. What could this issue be? Does anyone have a good idea on what the cost is to have the clutch rebuilt in one of these?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
That rod should be adjustable for length.
lengthen it until you can put the pin in and there is about 1 inch of pedal travel before the pin becomes tight, then try it. I suspect your clutch has worn to the point where you have lost "free Play". this is normal and requires periodical adjustment to keep it in spec. Put a cotter pin into that pin so it doesn't come out again! that could be really bad if it came out when you were hooking up to some implement that your wife or kid was helping with!

cubitcm

Equipment
L260
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks eserv, I will give that a try. The only thing that has me confused is that the connecting arm out of the main tractor case will not move in either direction so not sure it will move once I connect the pedal unless there are some other adjustments that need to be made.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I don't know if it's possible for the release fork to become disengaged from the release bearing support or not........ if it did then you'll need to split the tractor to correct it. try hooking it up and see how it goes...

cubitcm

Equipment
L260
Mar 24, 2011
Well i tried hooking it up but with both the connecting rod and the arm in the disengaged position the distance between them was more like an 1" and there was no way to connect them. Any body know how much will cost to have the tractor split and the clutch re-built? I will have it all done while the tractor is split.

cubitcm

Equipment
L260
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks 150baker for the info. I am having the machine picked up tomorrow to have the dealer look at it and if necessary split the tractor and replace the clutch. I will post what the problem and outcome is once I get the tractor back.