Storage for B2601

Pcola

Equipment
B2601
Jul 4, 2015
Cantonment Florida
Not sure if this is the right place to post. I built a carport off the side of my shed for my tractor and implements did not want to put sides on it. Will this protect the equipment or should I add sides thanks.

Attachments

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I think if it was me I would add sides and leave the ends open that way you could drive through it . Drive in one end unhook and drive out the other.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Pcola

Equipment
B2601
Jul 4, 2015
Cantonment Florida
Was originally thinking the same thing but I put my implements on Dolly's and I can move them around and hook them up from the open side.

Attachments

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I myself would close it in, but that's because I'm in Canada and that would be packed full of snow for 6 months, LOL.

You could always go red-neck and hang tarps.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The less electronics get wet the better, even though tractors are supposed to be outdoor creatures. You don't have snow to deal with, but salt air...not sure what would be best.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Salt air is a killer on chrome,, but like suggested most all would enclose at least one side the less you have exposed the less chance of something going a miss,, also if the guy down the street dont see it he aint gona ask to borrow it :D

Pcola

Equipment
B2601
Jul 4, 2015
Cantonment Florida
Salt air is a killer on chrome,, but like suggested most all would enclose at least one side the less you have exposed the less chance of something going a miss,, also if the guy down the street dont see it he aint gona ask to borrow it :D
Good point

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
You should be alright as long as the direct sun isn't on it there. I'm more concerned about the sun than anything. It is hard on tires, seat, hoses and paint finish.

Pcola

Equipment
B2601
Jul 4, 2015
Cantonment Florida
You should be alright as long as the direct sun isn't on it there. I'm more concerned about the sun than anything. It is hard on tires, seat, hoses and paint finish.
That's the main reason I built it. We have a ten year old JD tractor that looks about 20 years old from sitting in the Florida sun

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I also suggest a wall. My thoughts, a wall is harder to knock out than a single post. One little oversight and support post is gone. I try to be careful but sometimes forget about implement on back. My son tagged a post in the barn the other day. Knocked a chunk out of it. Hydro pole cand take a few knocks.

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
One other consideration being in humid Florida, that can wet the entire tractor... that is dew point condensation.. i.e. when you have a cold night and tractor metal is at a low temperature and warm, most air hits it during the day.. The moisture in the air will condense on everything, especially the large massive parts... I live in North Carolina and the humidity does the same, unless the tractor is stored in a fully enclosed building.

Typically unavoidable unless you have a fully enclosed space to minimize.. Probably more than you might want to do, but something to as least something to think about.

Certainly keeping the rain and direct sun off of it is a big help. Seems that Kubota plastic (control knobs, etc) seems to fade and degrade easily with continuous exposure to UV.