Storage boxes

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I noticed yesterday while in Costco - Canada that they had a 2pack of metal ammo boxes, one medium, one small, they seemed well made - about $25. I didn't buy any or have the smarts to take a picture - sorry.

They had a nice catch and a waterproof gasket.

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
I was looking at those the other day too... was wondering how many coats of Kubota orange it would take to make them look "presentable".

I took a quick look at them the first time they were in my local Costco and, at least the one I tried, was really hard to get aligned and re-closed. Might have just been the one I tried was tweaked 'cuz they can't all be that way.

Cheap enough, I might buy a set, if not for the tractor... at least for just around the shop.

I still have my eye on one of RKidds boxes. That is a slick design and well executed.

Dean

Delmar

Equipment
G1900 / Kubota BX
Sep 24, 2015
Bluegrass State
I mounted an ammo box and it works well as a small tool box. I used the post for the safety sign (the triangular reflective sign) to mount the box to. Drilled a couple of holes in the box and ran bolts through the safety sign post. Works great for pins, gloves, wire, hammer, and a few miscellaneous tools; probably not so good if you needed a lot of heavy tools.

Attachments

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
That is a nice install, good location.

Are you going to add some spacers and remount the warning triangle or are you never on the road?

183King

Equipment
Bx1500 w/ FEL, MMM and PTO Bagger
Jan 5, 2016
MA, USA
Hey Guys, I think the ammo boxes are great for storage they're a great size and can fit quite a bit. I have attached some pics of how I mounted mine to the side of my tractor. I have a BX1500, when you look at the photos you will see that it is resting against the right rear fender. It actually isn't I ran a piece of weather stripping across the back of the box so that it does not scratch the tractor.

Attachments

Delmar

Equipment
G1900 / Kubota BX
Sep 24, 2015
Bluegrass State
That is a nice install, good location.

Are you going to add some spacers and remount the warning triangle or are you never on the road?
Thanks. I'm never on the road with the tractor so I don't plan to install the triangle sign. Its post, with a couple of holes already in it, makes a nice mount.

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
I noticed yesterday while in Costco - Canada that they had a 2pack of metal ammo boxes, one medium, one small, they seemed well made - about $25. I didn't buy any or have the smarts to take a picture - sorry.

They had a nice catch and a waterproof gasket.
Local TSC stores have a small metal ammo box for sale at around $13 this week, just bought one. Well made, mint condition and good rubber seal (not that it needs to be waterproof ;) ). Will be mounting it on the lower ROPS bar later this week for spare shear bolts and wrenches (hopefully...).