storage basket for rops ????

buck19delta

Equipment
b1750
Jul 18, 2014
kentucky
i just recently bought a used kubota b1750. i have been fixing, and cleaning it up and replacing worn out parts, and its looking a lot better after some work. i need some storage on it though, as im going to be using it around some remote land i bought, and it would be a huge help to be able to carry tools and gear around with me. . i want / need to be able to carry some tools, chain, chainsaw, chainsaw oil and a gas can. would it be a bad idea to build a storage basket to mount on the back of the rops?? i have not seen anything like that online. if its mounted without drilling or welding, would it be a safety issue?? something like this, but clamped to the rops. maybe 3.5' x 10 inches wide and 10 inches deep.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
i just recently bought a used kubota b1750. i have been fixing, and cleaning it up and replacing worn out parts, and its looking a lot better after some work. i need some storage on it though, as im going to be using it around some remote land i bought, and it would be a huge help to be able to carry tools and gear around with me. . i want / need to be able to carry some tools, chain, chainsaw, chainsaw oil and a gas can. would it be a bad idea to build a storage basket to mount on the back of the rops?? i have not seen anything like that online. if its mounted without drilling or welding, would it be a safety issue?? something like this, but clamped to the rops. maybe 3.5' x 10 inches wide and 10 inches deep.

Buck,

I like the idea a lot, but.....always a but.....cant have a backhoe....ok - not a problem.......hard to see behind you? Can you lower it so that the operators head can see over it ? and what does that puppy cost? Looks very nice! I would not think it is a safety concern unless something came out and smacked you on the back of the head!:eek:

buck19delta

Equipment
b1750
Jul 18, 2014
kentucky
Buck,

I like the idea a lot, but.....always a but.....cant have a backhoe....ok - not a problem.......hard to see behind you? Can you lower it so that the operators head can see over it ? and what does that puppy cost? Looks very nice! I would not think it is a safety concern unless something came out and smacked you on the back of the head!:eek:[/QUOTE]

i was just showing that picture as a example...

it would not cost much, i would weld something up, and use u bolts, to clamp it to the rops. it would not be in the way to see to the rear.... i cant turn very well do to back issues, so i wont be leaning over backwards messing with 3 point stuff, i have to get off to do that... and i wont be adding a backhoe to this tractor, ( well i DOUBT i would). if i did, it could be easily removed. i was just picturing something the width of the roll bars, maybe 8-10 inches wide, and 10 inches high. just wide enough to fit a gallon of bar n chain oil, a 2 gallon gas can, maybe a chain, a few tools, etc. id have the chainsaw vertical in a scabbard.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Buck,

I like the idea a lot, but.....always a but.....cant have a backhoe....ok - not a problem.......hard to see behind you? Can you lower it so that the operators head can see over it ? and what does that puppy cost? Looks very nice! I would not think it is a safety concern unless something came out and smacked you on the back of the head!:eek:

i was just showing that picture as a example...

it would not cost much, i would weld something up, and use u bolts, to clamp it to the rops. it would not be in the way to see to the rear.... i cant turn very well do to back issues, so i wont be leaning over backwards messing with 3 point stuff, i have to get off to do that... and i wont be adding a backhoe to this tractor, ( well i DOUBT i would). if i did, it could be easily removed. i was just picturing something the width of the roll bars, maybe 8-10 inches wide, and 10 inches high. just wide enough to fit a gallon of bar n chain oil, a 2 gallon gas can, maybe a chain, a few tools, etc. id have the chainsaw vertical in a scabbard.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see what you come up with !!! It would be very helpful!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That would be pretty OK I think though if it were me I would mount it down low like right behind the seat, unless of course like he said no BH,, And large U type bolts would hold it well enough, and thing that you can stick sumthin in that don't fall off is a good thing:D