Stone patio

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Well the "Let's build it with stone" bug has bitten my wife.
She went and dug up some of the old stone patio stones that we rarely if ever used and relocated them to the other side of the patio where they now are becoming the new patio. Pics explain.

Attachments

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
masterson pool .jpg

Hardscaping is pretty popular right now especially as more people are staying home and want to create nice places to hang out and enjoy life.
I built this up in NH a few years ago.

Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Fruitcakesa -Nice work for sure.

Below are some pics from the walkway I did at my old house. Stone was pulled from the old quarry directly behind my house. The old BX23 worked pretty hard in there. You can just barely see it parked in the shade at the end of the walkway.
stone walkway.JPG
stone walkway finished.JPG

After laying, I used polymeric sand to fill the joints. The sand that I used (I think it was gator sand) is capable of flexing with joints up to an inch or so. It worked quite well.

stone walkway.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
These "covid" driven projects are so satisfying.
No obligations to go out, just hang around the fort and putter at jobs that either were on the honey do list or just popped into my head;)

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
looks good man...too hot to do anything outside here today.