Still learning

Alderman

Mar 10, 2019
Changed the oil on the new to me 1870 this morning.
When I went to change the filter I noticed the one on the tractor was bigger than the one the dealer gave me. Not wanting to make an hour trip to town I opted to put off the filter change until later.
Got on the internet and found a post where somebody else had the same issue and discovered there is a larger filter with the same gasket size as the smaller filter so I had the right filter after all. Living and learning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
You can go ahead and change the filter now and top off the oil as needed.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Not certain what other filters you are referring to, but if they are the HST or hydraulic filters then the info below is related:
These filters are also frequently mis-identified in terminology. For a Kubota HST tractor there is an "HST filter" (also called "transmission filter), and the other one is the "hydraulic filter".

Schedules vary, but all of the Kubota machines that I have had get the HST / transmission filter replaced at 200 h, and the hydraulic filter at 400h.
They are easy to confuse, and I mark up my manual to remind me which is which. Kubota doesn't help much by changing the filter colors over the years either!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: