Steering Failure L245DT

philkent

Jan 21, 2012
australia
I Have lost my steering today.There were a few warning signs leading up. A few groans Some resistance at times to a hard turn.Any idea whats in front of me?

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Hi Phil-

Could be most anything but please let us know what tractor options you have - if any.
Any other info such as noises, how long, fluid levels of hydraulic, etc.

Edit: I looked around and realize that this tractor has manual steering and your variant has 4WD.
What were you doing when the steering acted up?

Do you have parts books or WSM?

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
What's in front of you?

If you have reasonable mechanical aptitude you have a date with a set of metric wrenches and sockets. Disassemble. Find broken part. Try to locate replacement broken part. Repair or replace. End of story.

Reactions: 1 user

philkent

Jan 21, 2012
australia
Hi Phil-

Could be most anything but please let us know what tractor options you have - if any.

Edit: I looked around and realize that this tractor has manual steering and your variant has 4WD.

Thaks for parts file. was
Hi Phil-

I was just driving around when it stopped steering.THere were a few sig
Hi Phil-

Thanks for that was making a few unusual noises and hard to turn at times then nothing. The steering wheel now goes up and down I have now seen replacement steering boxes on ebay from usa for$320 usd

philkent

Jan 21, 2012
australia
What's in front of you?

If you have reasonable mechanical aptitude you have a date with a set of metric wrenches and sockets. Disassemble. Find broken part. Try to locate replacement broken part. Repair or replace. End of story.
Good advice .. Have tools and find problem then fix

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Hi Phil,
Once you get to the bottom of the issue post some pics if you can.
I guess the steering box is trashed.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Hi Phil,
Once you get to the bottom of the issue post some pics if you can.
I guess the steering box is trashed.
Not necessarily

Sector shaft broke on mine and it was a relatively cheap and easy fix at the time.

Just posting "it stopped working what's wrong with it" on the internet doesn't get you anywhere useful. Time to put away the cell phone and stop surfing youtube and put your pants on.