starter problems on l245

woodboys

Equipment
l245,grader blade,box blade bush hog ,disk ,double plow, row hipper
Nov 18, 2014
cookeville tenn 38501
It started out as every now and then that it would click .So it got happening more often so bought a new 1000 c.c.a battery did not solved problems. When it would click i would peck on starter did not do anything peck on selonied fired right up .shut off restarted tractor sametbing pected on selonied fired right up .took to the local rebuilder he puts a new selonied on and said a bearing was going bad and replaced it so when got it back an on tractor it has a bad growling noise now and does not turn over very quick at all now could he have put something together wrong or could i have another problem.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Check that all the wiring connections are clean and tight - other than that, proper function should come with the rebuild.

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Check and make certain that the starter is completely flat against the engine block. If it is cocked a little because a wire got caught between the starter and engine you can have what you are experiencing.
If it is flat, then I would loosen all bolts and wiggle it a little and re tighten each a bit at a time trying the starter from time to time.
If the condition persists, go back to the re builder.
Dave M7040