SSQA Snow Blower for LX3310

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
If you use the UTV for plowing, then think about a Bercomac, or similar, blower that can work on the UTV.
They also make a SSQA version, I believe. You need to check the weight, though.

ChrisO83

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 hsdc, STB 1072 Plow, B2782B Blower, MTL 48” Graplr, MTL Forks, FEL
Feb 16, 2021
Coalville, UT
If you use the UTV for plowing, then think about a Bercomac, or similar, blower that can work on the UTV.
They also make a SSQA version, I believe. You need to check the weight, though.

Yes, I've been looking them over even though the Kubota dealer didn't think they are very dependable. Not sure if he had my best interest in mind or what but I am still looking them over. Don't think I would use them on a UTV though.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I have my box blade on the 3-point when the B2782B front blower is on. That box blade is a perfect counter weight, and can move a LOT of snow around too. Backing it up dozer style scrapes and breaks up pack and ice, or dragging snow piles away from the garage and shelter using the box, to shoot out of the yard after with the blower. When the blower/box blade combo is in action, there's no need for a loader. The snow is GONE. Not piled up.
Then if the FEL or forks are needed, it's about 1/2 hour for me now to switch out with the blower.
I love this combo.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: the Kubota dealer didn't think they are very dependable.
hahahahaha... I've had a 40" Bercomac on a 22HP rider for 15-17 years. Blower was brand spanking new, listed for just over 2K back then... I actually read and followed the instructions and it's be 'used and abused' ,doing 8 'country sized' driveways and a 100x240 parking lot..one TOUGH blower. ONLY repairs in 15 hard seasns are ... shear bolts, 3 belts and 2 winch cables. It does need the auger drive replaced( $60), maybe this summer, we'll see. I've said that for 5-6 years...'things ' come up though.
If I needed an ATV or SSQA blower, Berco would be my choice,though pricey, great value for the coins.
How you get rid of snow depends on amount, density and 'where can it go'. If you get a lot, you NEED to toss it far,far away the FIRST time. The problem with a plow is not pushing it AWAY the dirst time... then the road gets narrower, and narrower and oopsy...you only have a footpath ....

Reactions: 1 users

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Ya, as I mentioned above, it's got to be a front blower. I do use a UTV with a blade as much as possible but eventually I end up with a huge wall of snow that needs "blowing down". Can't be taken care of with the limited reach and height of a rear blower. Looks like LX2980 blower is the direction I'm heading.

C
I don't see how that LX2980 front mount blower can reach any higher than a rear mount 3 point hitch snow blower.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I don't see how that LX2980 front mount blower can reach any higher than a rear mount 3 point hitch snow blower.
I think he is referring to the reverse rear blower that was being discussed.

ChrisO83

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 hsdc, STB 1072 Plow, B2782B Blower, MTL 48” Graplr, MTL Forks, FEL
Feb 16, 2021
Coalville, UT
Your right, I had it in my head that the front blower was on the FEL assembly which (I'm use to using a skid steer), of course, it is not and does not have the reach or height I was talking/thinking about, :rolleyes: .

I'm recognizing that it will still be the LX2980 but I will have to do a work around by using the FEL to pull down the berms and then blow them again, if possible. Just have to switch between the blower and the FEL as needed, maybe once a week.

ChrisO83

Equipment
Feb 16, 2021
Coalville, UT
hahahahaha... I've had a 40" Bercomac on a 22HP rider for 15-17 years. Blower was brand spanking new, listed for just over 2K back then... I actually read and followed the instructions and it's be 'used and abused' ,doing 8 'country sized' driveways and a 100x240 parking lot..one TOUGH blower. ONLY repairs in 15 hard seasns are ... shear bolts, 3 belts and 2 winch cables. It does need the auger drive replaced( $60), maybe this summer, we'll see. I've said that for 5-6 years...'things ' come up though.
If I needed an ATV or SSQA blower, Berco would be my choice,though pricey, great value for the coins.
How you get rid of snow depends on amount, density and 'where can it go'. If you get a lot, you NEED to toss it far,far away the FIRST time. The problem with a plow is not pushing it AWAY the dirst time... then the road gets narrower, and narrower and oopsy...you only have a footpath ....
I really would like a ssqa type blower for my tractor. I've been trying to get info on the Bercomac units as they are the closes thing to ssqa operation. I'm looking at the 66″ Vantage Snowblower for tractors equipped with "Skid Steer" style attachment, see below. Not cheap, listed a $7600, :oops:. Don't think I'm gonna spend that much for the convenience of swapping out the blower and FEL quickly.

Sound like yours has been a good investment. I've heard that some unit might have an electrical issue due to poorly placed connections and bad electrical fittings. But it sounded like the company was following through it taking care of the customers. I don't know if all this is true. What do you know, if anything about those issues and Berco's customer service?
All the reviews I can find are related to ATV operations, I would love to get reviews the skid steer style units.
C

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa

I have had one on my 18HP riding mower for about 10 years. I switched to the Kubota cab and it was put in retirement, maybe standby.

Mine and the one quoted are belt driven by the mower pto, so not the same as the self powered one I linked. However made by the same company and from Canada where they know a thing or two about snow.

As for your dealer, I would agree he was looking to make a sale for himself!!!
What is the cost for the Kubota front mount? I think my total cost was darn close to that.

I don't remember if it was posted earlier, but there is a youtube video of someone, well 2 different ones actually, of people that modified their front mounts to be SSQA.

Finally, what is your reservation on using one on a UTV?

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I have had one on my 18HP riding mower for about 10 years. I switched to the Kubota cab and it was put in retirement, maybe standby.

Mine and the one quoted are belt driven by the mower pto, so not the same as the self powered one I linked. However made by the same company and from Canada where they know a thing or two about snow.

What is the cost for the Kubota front mount? I think my total cost was darn close to that.

I don't remember if it was posted earlier, but there is a youtube video of someone, well 2 different ones actually, of people that modified their front mounts to be SSQA.

I wish Kubota had designed this just like the guy on the video!

ChrisO83

Equipment
Feb 16, 2021
Coalville, UT

youtube]8lHo2d8PH0s
That's exactly what I am looking for!!
I'm trying to connect with the builder for plans, if possible.

I am using a UTV for plowing now but I need a FEL because of the limitations for where I can blow & plow.
Tractor is the best solution right now. I've been looking at many options and keep coming back to the tractor. Besides, the wife says I need a tractor . . . with a cab. The last thing I want to do is get her upset, :rolleyes: ;).

Reactions: 1 users

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
youtube]8lHo2d8PH0s
That's exactly what I am looking for!!
I'm trying to connect with the builder for plans, if possible.

I am using a UTV for plowing now but I need a FEL because of the limitations for where I can blow & plow.
Tractor is the best solution right now. I've been looking at many options and keep coming back to the tractor. Besides, the wife says I need a tractor . . . with a cab. The last thing I want to do is get her upset, :rolleyes: ;).

If you get through and get some plans, I am interested as well.
I do believe there is a related thread on this site with another similar set up. I could not easily find it, though.

You could still get the tractor and put the Bercomac on the UTV.