SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades

Boatman

Equipment
Kubota L2800, Kubota BX1870
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
Do ya'll think a BX23S will have enough power to push an 8' fisher blade?

I was thinking of building a setup similar to this pic..... possibly utilizing a fisher (electric) pump to operate it as 4 way.

anyway, will a BX push a plow that big?

thanks.
Maybe. When I lived in upstate NY this was my snow machine. That's a 7.5" Fisher plow on my JD4110 (20hp). That little tractor had no problem pushing 12" deep snow as long as it wasn't wet and heavy. Even then going easy in low range it was possible. The blade angle was operated with the bucket curl function. The only time I used the blower was at the end of the driveway where I had no place to push the snow. A nice plus with the plow on the FEL was the ability to push the snow up in big piles.

IMGP6476.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Maybe. When I lived in upstate NY this was my snow machine. That's a 7.5" Fisher plow on my JD4110 (20hp). That little tractor had no problem pushing 12" deep snow as long as it wasn't wet and heavy. Even then going easy in low range it was possible. The blade angle was operated with the bucket curl function. The only time I used the blower was at the end of the driveway where I had no place to push the snow. A nice plus with the plow on the FEL was the ability to push the snow up in big piles.

View attachment 70499
Thanks.
Thats a nice little setup.

I will see how this does for this winter.

maybe next year I will whip up an SSQA mount for the biggun...
plow left/right on curl function is very nice.

I ditched the hydraulic quick coupler and converted my FEL to pioneer fittings, so hookup would be a breeze.

Reactions: 1 user

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Do ya'll think a BX23S will have enough power to push an 8' fisher blade?

I was thinking of building a setup similar to this pic..... possibly utilizing a fisher (electric) pump to operate it as 4 way.

anyway, will a BX push a plow that big?

thanks.
Probably won’t do it, I have a 60” blade for the front of mine. It’s an ATV blade I can mount to my FEL. I can push straight all day, angled it will push my front end. If it floats the weight won’t help with traction when the blade is on the ground. I float my blade independent of the loader to help remove the stress on the loader. This was my first run on it. It’s got a chain instead of a strap Now.

30BC19BE-EBA4-4964-9710-42E6319D9575.jpeg

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
B2782B 63" blower on front, BB1560 box scraper on back of my B2650.
Or if it's a small amount of snow, the loader stays on. The box scraper can and does catch a big pile of snow which I can drop off to the side and keep going, and it scrapes the road surface nice and flat and clean as I want. The scraper also is a great dozer in reverse.
Snow and ice around here in SE Manitoba does stand a chance with this rig.