Spun rim

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Anybody ever spun their rim and had it not seal up after? I had too low pressure and towed up a knarly uphill, rim spun and its a loaded tire. I blew it up to 30 psi but it’s Got a pin hole leak On the bead. anybody ever get a spun bead to reseal?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
It’s a relatively small tire. Remove it from the tractor and lay it on its side. Break the bead off and use a rim sealer that you can buy. And re-inflate The tire. If you work carefully you can do this without unloading the tire. If you are uncomfortable with that idea unload the tire use the Bead sealer. Remount the tire to the tractor‘s and then reload the tire. As far as I know there’s no magical shortcuts. if you’re not inclined to that kind of work take the tire off the tractor and take it to a Tire dealer it’s not that big of a deal.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Anybody ever spun their rim and had it not seal up after? I had too low pressure and towed up a knarly uphill, rim spun and its a loaded tire. I blew it up to 30 psi but it’s Got a pin hole leak On the bead. anybody ever get a spun bead to reseal?
Once the beet juicie gets between the bead and the rim you will have trouble indefinitely until it is thoroughly cleaned, which is a time consuming job.

This is yet another reason why I never use liquid ballast.

Reactions: 1 users

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Ok thanks. I don’t have time to do this right now, tire is in the truck, and it’s going to the tire shop tomorrow.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
The good news is that its a small job for them

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user