Sprayer for BX?

Don64

Equipment
BX2360
Jun 10, 2012
Cool, CA
Just received my BXpanded sprayer last week. I bought the 26gal, 3pt version. I'm very happy with it.

The 3pt frame is a quality piece of work, just like the forks I bought from them last year. I don't see why this setup wouldn't work well on any tractor with a Cat1 hitch, BX or otherwise. I'm sure the quick-on version is equally well made but might be more BX-specific.

The boom comes preassembled with nozzles and tubing. Assembly basically consists of bolting the tank to the frame, attaching a couple clips for the boom assembly, snapping the boom into place, and connecting a couple hoses and the electrical. A 12V accessory plug comes with it and I used that to plug into the socket below the seat on my BX. Battery clamps are also provided if you don't have a 12V accessory socket.

It is a constant flow system, so you adjust the coverage by your ground speed. There are some calibration instructions included. On my BX2360, it happened to work out that it sprays 1gal/1000sqft at 2000rpm in low gear with the (hydro) pedal fully depressed. That will make mixing calculations easy since the two herbicides I plan to use are specified in ozs/1000sqft.

It took me 1 hour to assemble the thing and get it on the tractor (working slowly), another 30 minutes to calibrate it, and 20 minutes after that I had sprayed my 300'x12 driveway, 300'x8 of roadside along the edge of my property, and around my travel trailer and detached garage with Roundup. It has already saved me hours of work with my 3gal hand-pump backpack sprayer. Next job is to spray about 3acres for yellow starthistle, a job which once took me 2-3 full days (and a sore shoulder) with the backpack sprayer.

Highly recommended.