Speeco Post Hole Digger

jms

Equipment
MX5200, BX2660, ZD221
May 22, 2018
Zumbro Falls, MN
I use it on the BX. It can be a bit tight between the tip of the auger and the ground, but if I have far to travel, I use a ratchet strap to fold up against the frame of the digger. The top of the auger pivots where the gear box attaches to the frame, which make it easy to fold up and flex as moving around on uneven terrain.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
I use it on the BX. It can be a bit tight between the tip of the auger and the ground, but if I have far to travel, I use a ratchet strap to fold up against the frame of the digger. The top of the auger pivots where the gear box attaches to the frame, which make it easy to fold up and flex as moving around on uneven terrain.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
There is a video on YouTube where a guy is reviewing the Speeco post hole digger. He said he had to pinch the two pieces together a little bit to get it to fit in the center mount on his 2000 model BX. Did you have any problem with this?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
That is no auger, just the digger frame, gearbox and pto shaft.

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
I just talked to Speeco. They say the one rual king sells is this one:

http://www.speeco.com/products.aspx?id=193&prod=152

The one I looked at at rual king Is yellow and only has 3 adjustment holes in the top frame. This one is made different.

Speeco says it is for a 35-95 HP tractor. Mine tractors are 24 & 30. She said if I went ahead and purchased and had problems it could void the warranty. There are only 7 reviews on the rual king website and 2 are negative.

So still thinking...........

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
With any post hole digger horsepower is unimportant because you NEVER run the post hole digger at anything above an idle. Reason being it if the auger hangs up in the hole, things can get out of hand quickly so idle speed on the digger is all that is required. he one implement that operates best at an idle.

Post hole diggers are pretty generic so I'd heavily discount any negative review. Myself, I have a County Line (TSC) with 3 different size augers and it's been on various tractors here and at friend's places, it's always getting borrowed. Nothing to break on it anyway.

Last edited:

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
I have experience with two Speeco model 70 PHD...

The first one I bought incredibly cheap, but in well used condition. I put some TLC into restoring it to very good condition. I and several others used it for the work we needed.. And I sold it for again more than I had in it.

Later, with those proceeds and very little more I got another model 70 new in the box, assemble it yourself. It also has been run on several tractors all with good results.

dougrowland

Equipment
L3901, Front-end loader, box blade, post hole digger, rake, stump bucket
Feb 13, 2022
DFW Area, TX, USA
With any post hole digger horsepower is unimportant because you NEVER run the post hole digger at anything above an idle. Reason being it if the auger hangs up in the hole, things can get out of hand quickly so idle speed on the digger is all that is required. he one implement that operates best at an idle.

Post hole diggers are pretty generic so I'd heavily discount any negative review. Myself, I have a County Line (TSC) with 3 different size augers and it's been on various tractors here and at friend's places, it's always getting borrowed. Nothing to break on it anyway.
Interesting. Just bought my L3901 last year. Bought a LandPride Post hole digger also. Was looking through the manual. it says to use no faster than 300 PTO rpm. My L3901 isn't marked for anything other than 540. I assume I could go half of that and be about 270. I swear on some of the youtube videos I've seen people are running their diggers as normal 540 PTO.
I asked about this on a Facebook forum earlier this year. Seemed most people just roll it up to 540 and go.
Guess that is the question, what does everyone do when running their post hole digger? And how has your digger held up?