SOUNDS

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I've been improving a small cut road on my property lately, The soil here is glacial with a lot of rocks. Some large ones 6 to 12 inches in circumference. Man, does my tractor yell at me, moving forward and trying to push the rocks into the bucket on the front of the rig. Is this normal? Is it the hydrostatic trans mostly?

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
My baby tractor (BX) will certainly scream at me if I try to push it past its limits.
(too much in bucket, on forks, snowblower plowed into a solid bank of ice,.....whatever)

Normal?

I guess so. . .

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Are you in Low or MED range when doing it? I use lOW for Loader work
Oh! Good point.

and, in case you're new. It's not a "gas pedal", so "less is more" on the treddle/tredal (sp?) pedal actually works better ;-)

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I've been improving a small cut road on my property lately, The soil here is glacial with a lot of rocks. Some large ones 6 to 12 inches in circumference. Man, does my tractor yell at me, moving forward and trying to push the rocks into the bucket on the front of the rig. Is this normal? Is it the hydrostatic trans mostly?
From the K website brochures

What Kubota sold you
IMG_1505.jpeg
What the OP thinks he bought
IMG_1506.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
As a test, I was thinking about this thread last night when I was doing some driveway maintenance scraping grass, digging down, leveling potholes etc.
For a change, I put it in HI range and when I got really "dug-in" in one spot, floored the treadle pedal.

Loud HST noise and a no go condition. Perhaps this is what the OP experienced? (hard to know w/o more explanation)_

Put the wee beast back into 4WD Lo, and eased up on the pedal. Dug in and moved forward, filling the bucket like a mechanical gopher on a mission.

:)

Reactions: 1 users

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
Keep the engine revved up. Don't push the hydro petal down very far.

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
🤣🤣 You put (sp?) after the attempt so I swooped in for the kill! Chalk one up for the most confusing language on the planet!
I am actually appreciative and thankful for 2 things:
Correction on my spelling
and
that someone actually knew what "(sp?)" meant.

Good job , eh

• Love
Reactions: 1 users