Someting you dont see every day

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Hello, just thought i would share something i witnessed today.
Had a nice dinner in a nearby town, went for a little drive to the nearby hydro dam to go for a walk.
Steep bank on right side of road with a narrow shallow wet ditch.
Next thing i see is someone with a helmet do a faceplant from mid-air up the bank. 500 cc yamaha quad lands millimeters from riders head.
I was expecting the worst when i got out of vehicle. To my amazement she got up. Was crazy.
Two or three seconds atv would have hit the van.

People die this way,i am thankful this individual got up, but i am sure she is suffering.

To all of you atv /off road riders-please play safe.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello, just thought i would share something i witnessed today.
Had a nice dinner in a nearby town, went for a little drive to the nearby hydro dam to go for a walk.
Steep bank on right side of road with a narrow shallow wet ditch.
Next thing i see is someone with a helmet do a faceplant from mid-air up the bank. 500 cc yamaha quad lands millimeters from riders head.
I was expecting the worst when i got out of vehicle. To my amazement she got up. Was crazy.
Two or three seconds atv would have hit the van.

People die this way,i am thankful this individual got up, but i am sure she is suffering.

To all of you atv /off road riders-please play safe.

AS a former motorcycle rider - I watched three a$$holes ride between sets of staggered cars on the highway - just enough room, and no blinkers nor hand nor middle finger from any of them.......

and they wonder why they get a bad name............

my favorite saying

"stupid is and stupid does"

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We used to ride four wheelers on a 10 acre lot in sanford florida. There was plenty of mud and a great big pile of fill dirt we used to run all over it going for distance :D A guy was tearing around on his dirtbike in full riding gear and full faced helmet. He launched about 15ft or so in the air lengh wise across the pile. He flew about 20ft or so and landed about 2/3rd of the way across the mound. Bounced another 10ft in the air and lost it. :eek: did a nose dive into the end of the burm just before the drop off. Flipped a couple times and was thrown out through the seko palms. Bike went another thirty feet pasr him tumbling into a retention pond. We figured he was hurt, but he jumped back on his feet. He had to wade out into the pond with the winch cable off my wheeler to get his bike back. It was a good thing he was wearing leathers or he would have been torn to hell by the seko's.