So, who are the potheads out there?

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Interesting read on seniors now consuming weed. I freely admit I was smoking a lot of pot in the late 60's - Mostly stopped by the 90's.

I find now aches n pains are more frequent especially crawling around the tractor. So started using 'oils' but plan to switch to gummies. It really works!

Wow I wasn't even high and I forgot to include the link :whistle:

Pot Story

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
As far as the law goes even if legal in your state most compare it to alcohol...so if you are operating machinery and an accident happens you will be at fault. Just be careful!

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Tumeric for aches. Works wonders.
Pot just makes me (more) anxious.

Reactions: 1 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Much of it comes down to CBD verse THC. CBD from hemp is widely used for inflammation.
THC does have some impact on pain but is the compound for the high.
I have found that the pot out of the dispensary can be much stronger than the pot I grew up with. Some is way to strong for me.
My usage is way down from several decades ago.
I do have some CBD cream for joint pain.

I do not smoke pot or drink alcohol unless I know the keys are all hung up, power tools are put away, and I have nothing planned for several hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Much of it comes down to CBD verse THC. CBD from hemp is widely used for inflammation.
I have found that the pot out of the dispensary can be much stronger than the pot I grew up with. Some is way to strong for me.

I do not smoke pot or drink alcohol unless I know the keys are all hung up, power tools are put away, and I have nothing planned for several hours.

CBD has been shown in randomized studies in the past couple of years to be no better than placebo..but hey if you take it and you feel better be my guest.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

Same here...I just do the margaritas and beer!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

I don’t use the stuff (since it‘s still a Federal issue and I have some Federal certificates I value)… but… I don’t agree with using it Only if nothing is planned…… heh-heh…

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I used to back in the day (as in 35 years ago) but like some others it isn’t exactly advisable with some of the licensing requirements for my job. After I retire, if it’s available legally, maybe. If it’s legal I don’t see any real difference between pot and alcohol. Either can be used or abused as the individual sees fit. From a “gateway” standpoint I think it’s more of a gateway to dealing with the black market, which is an unregulated free for all, than a gateway to harder drugs. Right now, I wouldn’t know who to get it from. My dealer from 35 years ago is long gone.

I don’t see enough medicinal benefit for me personally to mess with black market stuff. My wife has chronic pain issues and has tried some of the CBD products. They seem to work well for some, not so much for others. Didn’t do anything for her. If I had chronic issues which involved inflammatory processes I’d probably give the CBD stuff a shot. There’s been some success with treating seizure disorders with the THC/CBD combo in actual pot in some of the studies ongoing at WFU Baptist Hospital, particularly people who have hundreds of mini-seizures daily. For folks with chronic orthopedic issues such as arthritis, results seem to be less consistent.

I certainly wouldn’t take a hit off a joint and then head out to bush hog the sewer line.

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
trimmed by mike

I certainly wouldn’t take a hit off a joint and then head out to bush hog the sewer line.
Neither would I , BUT, I have known people to climb back into the seat after a couple of beers with lunch. To me that is just like a toke or two.
I long ago stopped giving a shi* about what the government required from me. Never failed a random test but that was more inside information than luck.
Side note: Warn your kids and grandkids about the new THC vapes out there. Close to 90% THC and it will fry a teenage brain in some young people. The alternate reality can become permanent for some. Hats off to Four Winds in Saratoga NY for saving my grand kid. Gramps has a deep wallet which makes a big difference in New York.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I
Neither would I , BUT, I have known people to climb back into the seat after a couple of beers with lunch. To me that is just like a toke or two.
I long ago stopped giving a shi* about what the government required from me. Never failed a random test but that was more inside information than luck.
Side note: Warn your kids and grandkids about the new THC vapes out there. Close to 90% THC and it will fry a teenage brain in some young people. The alternate reality can become permanent for some. Hats off to Four Winds in Saratoga NY for saving my grand kid. Gramps has a deep wallet which makes a big difference in New York.
I have heard that from old friends who never stopped but no personal experience. The stuff we got back in the 80’s ain’t exactly the same as the stuff today whether vape or buds. Selective farming to increase THC levels has had some success over the years; at least that’s what I’m told.

And I agree about the “couple of beers” thing. I’m not a teetotaler but I don’t drink much, never to the point of being drunk, and I still wouldn’t operate machinery or drive a road vehicle after a “couple of beers” or glasses of wine or whatever. I’ve seen the results of that in my professional life and will have no part of it.

My wife is the same with equipment. She is on relatively mild prescription opioids for chronic pain. Nothing wrong with that. Actually necessary. Doesn’t mean she is doing grapple work with the L while I’m doing chainsaw work after she’s downed a 100mg of Tramadol.

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
There are far more dangers with street pot today than when I was younger. While I hate giving the government so much in tax dollars for over the counter pot, I do know it is far safer than the street stuff.
We never had to worry about laced pot. Not so today.
The local pot shop has a leather bound book with descriptions of all products. THC and CBD concentration is listed very clearly. They also offer advice to newbies and more aged users on what is the best option based on what you want.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I don’t use it, but it’s legal in my state. There was a local news story recently that I found interesting. The majority of the legal store customers are people who classify as senior citizens. Either it’s the aches and pains issue, or these people are now the aged pot users recreating their 1960/70s youth days.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I haven't in a very very long time. Can't anyway due to certain contracts we have. It is a fireable offense. A former employee found out the hard way that CBD can contain THC even if it claims not to. So just be aware.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
I enjoy legally purchasing firearms.

Weed is a no-no.

Reactions: 9 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I was in the bar/restaurant business a long time ago.

Workers were lots of young people…..35 was older. Average probably mid-late-20’s.

Lots of “recreational” activities.

Female coworkers were my recreation of choice (married one of them). Lot of beer too.

Weed and the myriad of other chemicals didn’t do much for me. Kept it that way since. Trust me, saw a lot of it.

Could tell if my subordinates were pissed at me if my name tag’s pin was bent 90 degrees in the dressing room’s cork board.

I knew they used the name tag’s pin to smoke hash after I left work….😳

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I drank a little in my 20s and 30s, but woke up one day and decided paying money to feel that shitty the next day was really stupid. Probably haven't had a dozen drinks since then, never more than one at a time.
I never felt the urge to use pot or any other drugs, always had better things to do that getting high or stoned.
In the 70s there was a county road near me that had hundreds of marijuana plants growing in the ditch, would often see people cutting it when I went by. Eventually the cops came out and cut it all down and sprayed the area with a herbicide, nothing grew there for a couple of years, especially pot.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Always lots of Pot growers in Maine as long as I can remember. Then a few yrs ago the liberals in state government out numbered the conservatives and grow your own pot plants was passed. Then legal pot stores. Big legal grows popped up. One a couple miles from me a former Chevy dealership. Revamped to big indoor rooms and I think every three months a new crop is harvested. So they are constantly starting plants and changing the light pattern to mature and harvest. When you travel in that area all you can smell is pot. If I get behind someone driving 35 mph chances are their "cooked". For me being healthy or trying to live a long life doesn't involve smoking pot or cigarettes. If you have a medical need and need pot go ahead. But to be stupid and lazy and do nothing but get stoned. It's America go ahead. Welcome To Maine
Light Up!!!!!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don’t use the stuff (since it‘s still a Federal issue and I have some Federal certificates I value)… but… I don’t agree with using it Only if nothing is planned…… heh-heh…
Yep, If you have an ATP (Airline Transport Rating) as Geo and I both do, drug use will put a permanent end to that
C'mon man! I know a guy names Hunter that is getting away with it. No big deal 🙄
It matter A LOT if yo daddy be known as "the big guy".