Snowblower won't drop to level?

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Hello-
I am very new to my tractor (BX2380), I have had it just over a week, and most of that time it was at the dealer. Before the dealer came to pick it up, the snowblower worked, and dropped level to the ground, with zero issue - I was able to play with it in the little snow that we had before they took it. I took delivery of it this afternoon, they had come to get it for a service - oil change, standard look over, and to replace the rear PTO seal, as it was leaking, and we got snow this afternoon, and after work I went to use it, and the snow blower won't come anywhere close to sitting level on the ground. Any thoughts? Would they have messed with the 3-point hitch to replace that PTO seal? Here are a couple pictures of it not touching the ground. Thanks in advance!

-Greg

Attachments

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Hello-
I am very new to my tractor (BX2380), I have had it just over a week, and most of that time it was at the dealer. Before the dealer came to pick it up, the snowblower worked, and dropped level to the ground, with zero issue - I was able to play with it in the little snow that we had before they took it. I took delivery of it this afternoon, they had come to get it for a service - oil change, standard look over, and to replace the rear PTO seal, as it was leaking, and we got snow this afternoon, and after work I went to use it, and the snow blower won't come anywhere close to sitting level on the ground. Any thoughts? Would they have messed with the 3-point hitch to replace that PTO seal? Here are a couple pictures of it not touching the ground. Thanks in advance!

-Greg
Raise the blower a few inches then lengthen the 3-point top link. Then adjust the top link with the blower barely touching the ground until the blower sits level. Re-tighten the top link adjuster locknut.

Reactions: 7 users

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Raise the blower a few inches then lengthen the 3-point top link. Then adjust the top link with the blower barely touching the ground until the blower sits level. Re-tighten the top link adjuster locknut.
That is kind of what I figured and was playing around with it since I posted this. I've raised/lowered, adjusted, repeat probably 20 times, and it won't quite sit level.. Another odd behavior, which it was not doing previously, when I raise the attachment with the lever, the attachment starts to droop toward the rear of the blower (essentially tipping the opposite direction when on the ground). I'm sure its supposed to do this a bit, but the angle seems very extreme. Is this more of a trial and error thing until it sits flat with all the hydraulic pressure released?

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Are there multiple holes on the tractor where the top link attaches? Often there are 3. Put the top link in the bottom hole and then try readjusting for level.

Reactions: 1 user

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
I'm not seeing any additional holes on the tractor side of the top link. Here is what I'm seeing (first two images)

Next image is how it sits once I start to raise the implement with the lever.

The last image shows a little clearance between the left turn buckle (same on the right) and the frame of the tractor when I have the implement only a few inches above the ground (same spot as where the third image was taken). This will actually hit on the frame if I lift it any further.. Something seems very not right

And another new strange behavior, the front implement joystick, now clicks into place if I push the lever all the way forward, not sure it's supposed to do that?

Attachments

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
And another new strange behavior, the front implement joystick, now clicks into place if I push the lever all the way forward, not sure it's supposed to do that?

This is normal. That is the float control.

Reactions: 1 users

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 21, 2020
I'm not seeing any additional holes on the tractor side of the top link. Here is what I'm seeing (first two images)

Next image is how it sits once I start to raise the implement with the lever.

The last image shows a little clearance between the left turn buckle (same on the right) and the frame of the tractor when I have the implement only a few inches above the ground (same spot as where the third image was taken). This will actually hit on the frame if I lift it any further.. Something seems very not right

Also on your third pic it looks like there's another hole below where your 3 point arms are attached. Did you try those?

Reactions: 2 users

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Also on your third pic it looks like there's another hole below where your 3 point arms are attached. Did you try those?
I didn't, but given the wear on the blower around the hole, that is likely where it was positioned before they took it. Good eye!

Reactions: 1 user

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
You sir, if you're ever in the Portland (Maine) area, I owe you a beer, that was totally the issue, swapped those holes, and instantly allowed the attachment to drop to the floor like normal, and raise up without rubbing on the frame with those turn buckles.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 21, 2020
You sir, if you're ever in the Portland (Maine) area, I owe you a beer, that was totally the issue, swapped those holes, and instantly allowed the attachment to drop to the floor like normal, and raise up without rubbing on the frame with those turn buckles.

Haha, I will keep that in mind! 😊 Glad it worked out for you. Its funny I wasn't really paying attention to the wear... it was my mechanical mind thinking that the lower hole would push out the blower and make it level. Glad that was the case! Enjoy blowing you snow! LoL

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Great you got it 'up and running', now QUICK like a bunny, take a few pictures and SAVE them onto a PC, flashdrive, even print one out for 'future reference'.....

Reactions: 4 users