Snowblower Skids?

MuttCat

Apr 9, 2017
Dorloo, NY, USA
There's a website "Snowblowerskids.com" that offered larger skids for my BX front mount blower. Looked good to me, but no response to emails. No phone either.
Anybody know if this guy is all done? His skids seemed like a good approach for my stone driveway.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
wherever you get them I found them to be an absolute necessity for my gravel driveway (unless you want to turn the blower into an earthmover). Not so bad when ground is REALLY frozen but even then you can throw a lot of rocks.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Rather than skids some owners have had great success with wheels.

Trailer tongue jacks are a good starting point as they are made to be adjusted.

Snow blower jack.jpg

The same style of jack is available with pneumatic tires.

Pronovost inverted with wheels closeup.jpg

For large blowers this setup works great.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

MuttCat

Apr 9, 2017
Dorloo, NY, USA
The jack is interesting...maybe a bit more involved than I was planning. The skids I have are dropped all the way down and they do pick up stone, especially when frost and ice heave stuff up.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4

This guy has been trying to sell these skids for a while... we just don't get snow enough down here.

I don't know the guy but could help to ship it, if it works for you. Would not be until after Sept. 9th or so... going surf fishing before that.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
There's a website "Snowblowerskids.com" that offered larger skids for my BX front mount blower. Looked good to me, but no response to emails. No phone either.
Anybody know if this guy is all done? His skids seemed like a good approach for my stone driveway.
There is an “order page”
Just pick your skids and order them. What could go wrong? 🤪
I haven’t gotten my new 5455HD snowblower yet (supposed to be started on 9/2) however, by the looks of the skids in the manual, they appear pretty beefy, almost like what he’s selling. Time will tell!

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
I ordered from him a few years ago, It took a couple of emails for him to respond but once he did he was very helpful. I ended up ordering the CUT24 model but I wanted to make sure I could really raise them up so he made them taller for me. they are really heavy duty skids probably overkill for my BX5450 but I haven't thrown gravel in a couple years now.

Reactions: 1 users

MuttCat

Apr 9, 2017
Dorloo, NY, USA
I gave up; never heard from the guy. Too bad, the skids he offered would definitely have been an improvement over the originals.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I gave up; never heard from the guy. Too bad, the skids he offered would definitely have been an improvement over the originals.

Thanks all for the feedback.
I don’t blame you. Someone that has a valid website, selling a product, should be more responsive…too bad.