Snow

Colety

Equipment
BX25D-R with loaded tires, pallet forks, landscape rake and rear blade.
Jul 11, 2014
Arlington, VT
First time in many years I looked forward to the first real snowstorm up here in Vermont. First year with my BX25D too! :)
So I thought long and hard about a front snow blower, glad I didn't do it now. FEL and a 6' Countyline backblade made quick work of my driveway. Took a 2 hour job with a snowblower and shovel and knocked it out in 40 minutes and that included getting the feel of working in the snow and letting the tractor warm up.
Five foot blade might have been better (if they had one on the floor last week when I went in) because when the 6 footer loaded up with this wet heavy junk it wanted to turn the little critter a bit, but it didn't take long to figure out how to work around that.
Now it was only an 8" storm but I think I got the feel of it and the $299 rear blade was a whole hell of a lot cheaper than putting a snowblower on was going to be.
So now I have done and in a weird way enjoyed it, so I can go back to hating on winter again! (But not quite as much as last year!)

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
This snow is really wet and heavy down here in Pennsylvania, I think you'll like the six footer in colder, drier snow. I also have the BX-25, it takes me three swipes to clear my two hundred foot drive, and a little cleanup with the loader, almost painless. You're going to love the BX, it's so darn handy.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Jerry

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
I know how you feel. I just purchased a 50 " blower for the rear, as i wanted to keep the fel. Had a 2" snow a week ago and wasn't enough to justify the blower. Had to pile it up just to use it. ;)
I spent many years using my 42" blower on my scotts Lawn mower. 200' drive, 2 neighbors drives, and several hundred feet of side walk. Ready for the upgrade.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Always wanted a rear blade and a bucket. Imagine pushing forwards and dropping blade when going backwards. No move wasted.havent got much snow yet,but its nasty cold, was near minus 30 last night. -26 for tonight.

Last edited:

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
You will knock that down to 20 min in no time! This was the worst snow I've ever had to move with my BX and I have the 5ft blade. SUPER HEAVY STUFF. Most real winter snow you will blast right through even with the 6ft blade. This storm dropped mud and it sucked to move.

Takes me about 20 min to do my 500 ft driveway that goes to 4 car's wide at the top 75 feet. I end up making 4 passes with the blade to push it over the edge and leave me room for the next snowfall...and the one after that....and the one after that ect ect.

IMO as long as you have a place to pile the snow on the sides the blade is a better option. Its faster and has no real moving parts to fail.