Snow blower mod

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well I finally get to post something tractor related :D

Over the last few months my buddy and I have been doing up his newly acquired Kubota. We've done allot of work on the tractor including painting. We've added the front blower. New floor panel and freed up some seized parts on the thing. One of the items he didn't like about the set up was the fact he couldn't change the deflection of the blower from the seat so I found this 12 volt actuator at Princess Auto and made up the brackets and mounted the unit to it. All he has to do is mount it on the tractor this weekend and he's away to the races. The total cost was around $325. for the complete system. He was told the Kubota unit would be around $600. so he did good. Here's a few pics of how it went. It's not ground breaking but I thought you might enjoy seeing how we did living out here on the rock.

Wildfire

Equipment
You must be a Kubota Einstein~!:D

Exellent job.

Joe.
Wouldn't go so far as that Joe :D Like all of us here I do like to do things that will make a tractor more convenient to use. Thanks, Paul

I like what's cookin' in that kitchen Wildfire. Very cool mod.

Thanks Vic. I do like the wording at the bottom of your posts. Both my boys are in the Canadian Forces and they appreciate it as well. :cool:

SoCal Kubota

Equipment
BX24, BX2750D
Nov 5, 2009
Running Springs, CA.
I hope to do the same mod to my blower. Here is the change I did this fall. It's a little slow but much better then by hand. The motor was 30 years old from a compressor station I work at. The system was changed to air. I spent about $100 on hoses and couplers.

Attachments

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire, do you have a photo of how you mounted the switch and /or wired up the actuator?

No not yet but I may have on today. This little job was done for a friend of mine that once owned a GM dealership. We've been friends since he got out of the business 15 years ago and ever now and then I get involved in helping him out which is good :D

Anyway I just did what you see in the above photo's and he was going to install it on his bota this past weekend. I asked him to take a few photo's so I could add them to this thread and I will as soon as I get them so as they say on TV "Stay Tuned" :D

DaleJR88Fan

Jan 25, 2010
Roanoke, IN
Man, wildfire you do great work. What is the tool you are using to shape the brackets you welded to the top of the chute. Whatever it is, I need one in my shop.

Wildfire

Equipment
Man, wildfire you do great work. What is the tool you are using to shape the brackets you welded to the top of the chute. Whatever it is, I need one in my shop.
Well thank you DaleJR88Fan and welcome to the site. Great to see new folks posting :cool:

Well I've designed and built some of the tools in my shop and a few of my customers thought I built that one BUT I didn't. I've had those shears for over 10 years now. I have cut tons of steel, aluminum and stainless on them. heck just the other day I used them to cut cardboard! They have never been sharpened either. I've have had 3/8 X 4" flat bar in it and it took two of us pulling on that long handle and it cut it perfectly.

I snapped a few extra pics so you could have a better look at the thing. As you can see by the pics it can cut solid square stock, solid round stock, flat plate up to 12" and even angle iron. I haven't seen one like anywhere but I'm sure there still around somewhere.

You got a cool handle. Last year we had a birthday cake specially made for my buddy. He used to own the GM dealership here in town and I worked for him. We're still friends after many years and you guessed it. He's a Hugh Jr. & Sr. fan. Here's a few pics to view. Thanks again and welcome to the site. ;)