Smc q60 loader on 7100

amsrn13

Equipment
b6000
May 12, 2021
ct
So I recently picked up a 7100d non hst tractor and a 92 7100hst that needs a motor rebuild. I took the loader off the hst and I’m trying to figure out the correct fitting that goes next to the seat. It appears to be a drain line that comes off that aluminum housing on the right side of the motor . Does anyone happen to know the correct thread pitch for the filler port that used for the return next to the seat ? I can’t use the one off the hst as it’s to wide and I won’t be able to screw it in. I’ll need to use the included picture style of hose and convert it to whatever fitting the hydraulic lines are .

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So I recently picked up a 7100d non hst tractor and a 92 7100hst that needs a motor rebuild. I took the loader off the hst and I’m trying to figure out the correct fitting that goes next to the seat. It appears to be a drain line that comes off that aluminum housing on the right side of the motor . Does anyone happen to know the correct thread pitch for the filler port that used for the return next to the seat ? I can’t use the one off the hst as it’s to wide and I won’t be able to screw it in. I’ll need to use the included picture style of hose and convert it to whatever fitting the hydraulic lines are .
I believe that transmission filler is 3/8 BSPP. It comes from the tank port on the loader valve not the hydraulic outlet block. You can use a BSPP to JIC elbow and eliminate the banjo.

Dan

amsrn13

Equipment
b6000
May 12, 2021
ct
I believe that transmission filler is 3/8 BSPP. It comes from the tank port on the loader valve not the hydraulic outlet block. You can use a BSPP to JIC elbow and eliminate the banjo.

Dan
You are correct . Do these serve the same purpose? That is both are fill ports for the hydraulic fluid? Like I said one is a 93 hst the other a manual from the early 80s

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You are correct . Do these serve the same purpose? That is both are fill ports for the hydraulic fluid? Like I said one is a 93 hst the other a manual from the early 80s
I am not an expert on those machines but I believe they are both fill ports for the hydraulic oil. When a loader is added the standard filler cap gets replaced by a fitting with a side inlet for the tank return from the loader valve and the cap goes in the top of the fitting. Again, not an expert, but I would think that fitting can be swapped along with the loader.

Dan

amsrn13

Equipment
b6000
May 12, 2021
ct
I am not an expert on those machines but I believe they are both fill ports for the hydraulic oil. When a loader is added the standard filler cap gets replaced by a fitting with a side inlet for the tank return from the loader valve and the cap goes in the top of the fitting. Again, not an expert, but I would think that fitting can be swapped along with the loader.

Dan
I started to swap ovet
The loader, I still need a fitting for the return

Attachments

amsrn13

Equipment
b6000
May 12, 2021
ct
You can't swap the fitting from the donor tractor?

Dan
You cant remove the fittimg without removing the entire housing from the hst, the manual 7100 as you can see is also a tight fit . I’ll need to use something that is compact. I’m still confused as to how this works. That port on my manual 7100 says “gear oil” does the loader on the Manual use gear oil for hydraulics ?

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
This is the manual , “gear oil 80” is that hydraulic fluid
A simple BSPP adapter and tee should suffice as a fill port adapter.

Gear oil was used for transmission, final drive, and hydraulics was in that era. Kubota switched to UDT shortly after those models were made and that is now the recommended fill for all models. A generic UTTO is a fine alternative.

Your loader valve should have three connections to the tractor:
  1. Pressure in from the hydraulic block
  2. Pressure return (power beyond) to the hydraulic block
  3. Tank return to the transmission filler.
Dan