Slowing down my 3 point linkage

thespanishfarmer

Equipment
L1501 with rotavator and brush cutter
Apr 28, 2012
Cocentaina - Spain
Hi all.
I appreciate that most of you guys own a newer Kubota than me but I have a little problem that I would like to try and get sorted.
Two weeks ago I bought an L1501 (L185). It runs great but I have been doing a bit of brush cutting and have found an issue with the speed that the 3 point linkage raises. I have been able to adjust the lowering speed to an acceptable level for what I want to do but when I try to raise the brushcutter/3 point linkage it goes up way to fast.
The raise/lower is done by way of an electric switch on the dashboard as opposed to a lever by my side. I cannot find a way of adjusting the speed of the raising. I have two 'valves' under the front of the seat. The forward facing valve works to slow or speed up the lowing speed. The valve at 90 degrees to this one, turns but does nothing. It can be pushed in a few millimeters against a soft spring but appears to do nothing.
If there are any other L1501 users out there or anyone that can help, I would be most grateful.
Gary

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Raise and lower of the 3pth by an electric switch on the dashboard doesnt sound right to me and has me scratching me head on this one..

thespanishfarmer

Equipment
Apr 28, 2012
Cocentaina - Spain
Hi Eric.
I have to say that when I last worked on a farm (over 30 years ago), I had the raise and lower lever to my right. The system on this tractor works well but it is the speed which I have problems with.
For your info, there is no lever just the switch and there is no evidence of there even being a conventional lever installed. The switch is a on/off/on switch sprung to the centre. I will trace the wires to see where they go. I know we all like pictures but as my mother board has fried, I am working from the wifes little palm top which doesn't take too kindly to being swamped with images.
If there is another user of the L1501 or L185 that could shed some advice and comment on whether they have the switch installed, I would be most grateful.
Gary

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I do know the L185 is the North American model of the L1501 and here state side the L185 has the lift lever to the right of the seat that controls the 3 point hitch.

thespanishfarmer

Equipment
Apr 28, 2012
Cocentaina - Spain
The switch works but it is either off or on - there is no way to get gradual moves unless you keep flicking it lightly but even so the 3pth is very fast.
I have not got an owners manual and assume that the valves under the seat must in some way be able to effect the speed of the lift.
One valve turns and effects the lowering speed the other (unlike the latter) just spins if you turn it but does appear to have a minimal sprung plunger action. I have tried pressing this in whilst turning the other one but it has no effect on the raising speed but still does effect the lowering. Long winded but I hope that makes sense.
When I get my new mother board on the bigger computer, I will post some pics of the valves and the switch.
Gary

manofaus

Equipment
bx2350
Mar 23, 2012
Australia
is there aux hydraulics? you may find that the switch is for that. I would switch it on so that it raises then try to adjust with the knobs. I got a feeling the switch opens a electric 2 port valve which allows hydraulics to go to a valve with an open centre and back to tank. Gravity and bleed is giving you the control in down. is there no lever at all?

thespanishfarmer

Equipment
Apr 28, 2012
Cocentaina - Spain
Hi manofaus.
No there are no aux hydraulics and I do not have a lever. I have tried operating the switch whilst adjusting the knobs but it makes no difference to the raising speed.
Gary

thespanishfarmer

Equipment
Apr 28, 2012
Cocentaina - Spain
I am now back on my own computer so will get some images sorted out shortly but in the mean time, I have got back to the supplier and he states that there is no way to slow down the raising of the 3pth which I find odd as I can slow down the lowering. I will persevere.

As an aside and a brighter note, he has supplied me with a link to an operators manual which I now have printed out.

Coleman396

Equipment
l 1501
Nov 19, 2012
Houston British Columbia Canada
I am now back on my own computer so will get some images sorted out shortly but in the mean time, I have got back to the supplier and he states that there is no way to slow down the raising of the 3pth which I find odd as I can slow down the lowering. I will persevere.

As an aside and a brighter note, he has supplied me with a link to an operators manual which I now have printed out.
Is there anyway you could share that link??

vinyltapfan

Equipment
L1501, tiller, mower
Apr 7, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I have the dash switch 3pt hitch solenoid control. Not sure yet how to slow the up speed, but have slowed the down. I would really love a PDF manual. I also have several mystery switches on my dash -- need an ops manual or Japanese friend! There are three switches on the upper left of the dash as well as a up/down lever switch on the steering column.... Any comments would be great. I'm new to this forum, so I'll keep looking.