Slow moving FEL on Kubota B2650HSD with LA534A

rkillcrazy

Equipment
B2650
Jan 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
I've had this issue for a few months, now. I'm trying to figure out some sort of pattern. As near as I can tell, there isn't one. Long story short, the FEL can be extremely slow to raise or lower. When I mean slow, I mean 1/4 the speed of normal operation. It seems to be worse after it has been sitting for a week or so but that's not always the case. It can also happen when I'm out using it. You pick up one load and dump it without issue then, you go to pick up another and you're wondering if it will ever move!

My buddy seems to think air is the culprit but I don't know how to check for it nor do I know how the air would have gotten in there in the first place. I've done my typical filter and fluid change like I do every spring but the issue was happening prior to that so I know the maintenance wasn't the cause - though I was hoping it would have fixed it. I see no evidence of leaks... Any ideas?

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
see if 3 point liftis in a bind. Mine does the same thing if I have the lift all the way up. If I back down on the position lever just a tad it will allow the FEL to function normally

rkillcrazy

Equipment
B2650
Jan 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
see if 3 point liftis in a bind. Mine does the same thing if I have the lift all the way up. If I back down on the position lever just a tad it will allow the FEL to function normally
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by in a bind but I took a guess... I just started up the tractor and the FEL functioned as it should. The 3-point (and mid-mount mower deck) was in the relaxed position. I lifted the 3-point to the top and tried the FEL. It crawled... I dropped the 3-point another position along the numbered scale and the FEL functioned as it should. I'm hoping that's the issue... However, I have to know - How did it get that way? It's been fine for a couple years. Something must need an adjustment, right?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I might be wrong, but sounds like you have something bypassing in the valve bank

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Look at adjusting the 3PH feedback rod and see if that solves the issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pauly

Equipment
2014 B2650, LA534A FEL,B2781B Snow Blower, Land Pride RCR 1260 Land Pride RB157
Sep 23, 2014
East Troy Wisconsin USA
With your 3 point lever pulled all the way up your hydraulic system is still trying to push up, in other words it’s maxing out and there is not enough for the fel. By lowering the 3 point a tich it is not fighting itself and the fel should work fine.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I've had this issue for a few months, now. I'm trying to figure out some sort of pattern. As near as I can tell, there isn't one. Long story short, the FEL can be extremely slow to raise or lower. When I mean slow, I mean 1/4 the speed of normal operation. It seems to be worse after it has been sitting for a week or so but that's not always the case. It can also happen when I'm out using it. You pick up one load and dump it without issue then, you go to pick up another and you're wondering if it will ever move!

My buddy seems to think air is the culprit but I don't know how to check for it nor do I know how the air would have gotten in there in the first place. I've done my typical filter and fluid change like I do every spring but the issue was happening prior to that so I know the maintenance wasn't the cause - though I was hoping it would have fixed it. I see no evidence of leaks... Any ideas?
It's not air.

It sounds like the feedback rod on the three point is out of adjustment. Not uncommon.

Lower the three point handle a bit and try again.

SDT

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a recollection of another owner with the same complaint. Turns out he had FEL valve hoses in the wrong place. The IN port was connected to the power beyond hose feeding the rear remotes and 3 pt. The IN hose was connected to the PB port on the FEL valve

Any hoses been touched on your tractor?

Dave

rkillcrazy

Equipment
B2650
Jan 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
Any hoses been touched on your tractor?

Dave
Nothing has been touched as far as I know. I'm the only one on the property that ever messes with things like that; I've only taken the FEL off a couple of times and I never messed with any hydraulic lines other than the color-coded ones you're supposed to disconnect with the removal of the FEL.

rkillcrazy

Equipment
B2650
Jan 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
It's not air.

It sounds like the feedback rod on the three point is out of adjustment. Not uncommon.

Lower the three point handle a bit and try again.

SDT
Yeah, it looks like it's an adjustment issue. I used the FEL for an hour or so over the weekend and it never gave me any trouble - except when I had the 3-point hitch all the way against the stop. I'll need to have a look at the WSM to see where the adjustment is.