Slow INTERNET

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Is anyone else finding the internet slower and slower? Pages locking up not loading ant the wonderful cannot find server or windows explorer cannot show this page crap I know its not my puter old though it maybe I had a lodge brother check it out he works on these thing as a busness,, And I run my Malware and virus and super spy ware scans at least once a week. Anybody else?

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
problem on ott or all url's?

If on BB have you been to one of the speed checking sites?..I could be there is some sort of a problem in your area.If you use IE,try one of the faster browsers like google Chrome, firefox or opera.
if connecting to your router wirelesely connect with a LAN cable instead to see if that improve things.
Some times my computer and internet connection goes real slow so I run Regcure and things generally improve.
Dave

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
He might have meant "regular". That's where you have a bm at the same time every day. Can't see how that would affect the computer though??? (BG)

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
I'm using Opera right now because of all the Microsoft BS lately. Basically the same thing you're talking about. Slower than an 8088 on 400 baud modem. I'm sick of it. I've run all the goodies as well and nothing is bugging the computer except MSIE 9.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
There are way too many variables to make a determination, but here are some thoughts.
- has your windows installation changed recently?
- have you tried speed test sites like toast.net? Do this at different times of the day.
- This happens here every year in July, and during Christmas break, when all the school kids suddenly have the time and opportunity to play online and generate enough traffic to clog up the system.

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
Like everyone has said, there are many causes....... one thing in specific I've noticed in general is that many,many websites are relying more on java script and flash renditions. They are not making the pages faster- bigger, sometimes much bigger to load and slower of course. I noticed after the problems java had a while back with hacker vulnerabilities the fix slowed it down notably. Most pages load in stages, you'll notice the page freezes entirely while it's loading a script most times. If this IS what you're seeing, I rather doubt there's anything we can do.....

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Like everyone has said, there are many causes....... one thing in specific I've noticed in general is that many,many websites are relying more on java script and flash renditions. They are not making the pages faster- bigger, sometimes much bigger to load and slower of course. I noticed after the problems java had a while back with hacker vulnerabilities the fix slowed it down notably. Most pages load in stages, you'll notice the page freezes entirely while it's loading a script most times. If this IS what you're seeing, I rather doubt there's anything we can do.....
You hit the nail on the head. Couple what you said with all of the data mining that cookies do these days and you have a much slower browser speed. There is another thing that affects browser load speed and that is your virus checkers. There is just so much more to scan that the virus checkers cannot operate as fast as they used to.

Then again, if you are conspiricy minded you can blame the NSA for tracking every move you make on the web. This is part real and part tongue in cheek. The ISPs actually have installed federally mandated software to track what you do on the internet. That slows it down a lot more than you might believe.

Anyway, now you need really fast internet to be able to load pages quickly enough to not become really agitated.

phaser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100HST 4x4, FEL, field mower
Aug 6, 2013
Oregon
And it could be the modem failing.

Couple weeks ago, my dsl started slowing down like it was dialup, pages would partially, or not load. Turned out the modem was failing.