Skidder winch is a lifesaver

Shipwreck

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 Loader, Bradco Grapple Bucket, AE Brush hog, AE Box Blade, Rake
Dec 17, 2019
St Clair MI
This fall I purchased a skidder winch from Hudson Forest Equipment. We have a lot of dead ash. Some standing and some down. This thing is wonderful. I’ve used it on both my L3010 and my L3560. Both tractors handle it with no problem. I can stay on one side of the creek and pull downed trees across the creek with no problem. Over 250 ft of cable makes this a lifesaver. Spring muddy season is no problem because I can keep the tractor on the paths while I pull logs from the wet areas.

I haven’t heard much about logging so I thought this might be interesting.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I use the 5000 pound winch on the side by side with a snatch block and choker cable for that. Pulls trees quite nicely for me. Has a wireless remote so I can stand off to the side and watch. I have 43 acres of trees, mostly hardwood.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
This fall I purchased a skidder winch from Hudson Forest Equipment. We have a lot of dead ash. Some standing and some down. This thing is wonderful. I’ve used it on both my L3010 and my L3560. Both tractors handle it with no problem. I can stay on one side of the creek and pull downed trees across the creek with no problem. Over 250 ft of cable makes this a lifesaver. Spring muddy season is no problem because I can keep the tractor on the paths while I pull logs from the wet areas.

I haven’t heard much about logging so I thought this might be interesting.
Their manufacturing plant a just down the road from me, they make awesome wood processors and sawmills. Really nice stuff.