Size pallet forks for L3901?

Timmer92

Equipment
2019 L3901 (former - BX2370), 72" Brush Hog, 72" Hydraulic Snow Blade, 3pt Auger
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
Hi all. I ended up having to shelve this pursuit last spring because I was building a shed and fencing in a pasture (and kids in traveling sports) and I just couldn't spend another dollar. I really could have used forks for those projects! I now have the budget for it so I'm back at it. Here's what I've found, feedback welcome.

I found tons of positive reviews on UA and Pro Works brands, here at this sight and elsewhere on the internet. The best deal on a Pro Works I can find is a 2200lb capacity with headache rack, weighs 340lbs with forks, and is $628 delivered. The best UA deal I can find is a 4000k capacity with headache rack, receiver hitch, hay spear receptacles, weights 289lbs with forks, and is $699 delivered. If I'm to believe the capacity ratings, the UA is heavier duty (yes I know it's limited by my tractor's ability), and has more features for nearly the same amount. My curiosity is how the UA could be heavier duty at less weight, but I suppose that can vary by the quality of steel?

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Look on Craigslist. I found a skid steer supplier in my area and bought a Pro Works set for under $400. (Cash discount)

You can find them cheaper than that.