Single shank soil ripper

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
I got my single shank soil ripper set up today, so I took it out for spin.

It worked great, put the B7100 in low range, first gear and took off. I spun the tires a few times, but it did rip 12 to 15 inches deep.

It was lots of fun!

DanDan

Equipment
BX1860, L2600DT
Sep 21, 2012
SoCal
I gave a little evil chuckle exactly when and exactly how bcbull does in the video.

Lil bastards, the lot of 'em.

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Are you going to put some Garden rows in there eventually or did you run the subsoiler for drainage ????

I have been thinking that since I bought the bigger tractor and honestly I have the land, that I might give a try at a vegetable garden over the next 2 years.. So I have been looking at a Single Bottom Plow and a Middle Buster, to prep the area... My understanding is I can switch the Middle Buster "share" to a Sub-soiler anytime I want..
I anticipate drainage issues with the 1 acre plot I had targeted so the Sub soiler was sticking in my brain...

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
Love the videos! I had to watch the gopher one three or four times! Evil is an art form, the laugh was similar to mine!

GSSIXGUN: I have a tiller hard pan. It is because I have tilled the same ground over and over and It only goes down so deep. Also it will help break up compaction. Breaking this up will help the roots grow straighter. I am planning on planting sweet potatoes here.

Where I ripped were the 3 raised beds from last season. I will run the ripper through one more time and till the soil, make my raised beds and put down plastic mulch then it will be ready to plant in May.

Jay

Orange-U-Nice

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST 4WD, Kubota ZG327, JD X728, JD 4600, Honda Foreman 400
Jan 6, 2013
Stanardsville, Virginia
I got my single shank soil ripper set up today, so I took it out for spin.

It worked great, put the B7100 in low range, first gear and took off. I spun the tires a few times, but it did rip 12 to 15 inches deep.

It was lots of fun!
Wow, looks great I hope my B-7100 can pull like that.

BTW, that picture can't be Kansas because I see a hill in the distance!!

Beautiful state, just kidding.

Have fun be safe.

Bill

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Wow, that did a fabulous job. Now what is your next step in prepping the ground?

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
Bill,

I do live on a hill! That is a gopher mound you see! :)

My next step is to rip it again and then I will till the ground to loosen up the soil. Then I will make raised bed and lay plastic mulch.

Jay