Sims cab any opinions

mopar2ya

Dec 9, 2013
ontario canada
I am thinking of buying a Sims cab for a 1999 L3010, the one they make has plastic side curtains. Any thoughts I want to get out of the cold. With a heater and a glass rear window it will be $6400 cdn

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
The one that was on my Kioti was well built. Had solid doors though. heater and wiper worked great. It did have a problem with the velcro back and front leather pieces not sticking, but by the time I got it,it was already old.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Wow, that's expensive for soft doors. My dealer said a Tek-Tite metal cab with full glass and heater is 7 grand (also Canadian.)
But don't know about availability for your model?

Trkr

Feb 7, 2015
Baltimore County,Md
My L2900 has one,just lift the door off in the nice weather. No heater,but keeps the dam wind off of you when you're working out in the cold. I didn't know they were that expensive,that's almost what I paid for the tractor. Well made.

hondoo

Equipment
B2650cab
Nov 28, 2017
Meredith, NH
I am thinking of buying a Sims cab for a 1999 L3010, the one they make has plastic side curtains. Any thoughts I want to get out of the cold. With a heater and a glass rear window it will be $6400 cdn

If your planning on keeping the tractor for awhile, just do it and don't look back. IMO it the best option without going factory. I did the soft doors because I want to be able to remove in the summer. Worked great, even took out all the glass (front and sides) and only took about 10 minutes, wiper unplugs by the glass btw. In the summer it gives you a bar to hold onto getting on/off and a canopy for the rain, when winter comes your nice and toasty. Glass doors might be nice, but for me to heavy to take off and I'll tell you, with winter weather, first time you open any door ALL the heat is gone either way.

Let us know what you decide...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Trkr thats no fair having a car covered on a hauler,,, common whats under there ???