Simple, cheap and handy Pull Pin Solution

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
The heat is getting to him... :)

That is so true though. When it rains, it pours.

I was tiling my workshop for the last week. (1200 sq ft). Got almost half done and the heat hit. Mortar sets up dangerously fast for some reason here in AZ! So, I moved inside and decided to swap out my iMac hard drive pre-emptively and fix the DVD burner that was intermittent, and upgrade the RAM while I was there. What turned into a couple hour job ended up taking the better part of two days. And then, to do some updating, my internet starts fritzing out at peak heat and 113 degrees. And then a tooth started acting up. Fortunately just a bruised socket from grinding my teeth. Gee... I wonder why?

Still and all, Lil Foot has it way worse. Nothing like dropping all YOUR stuff to help someone else who doesn't give a rats patoot about your time and effort.

Feel free to vent. We know of what you speak.

:)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Thanks guys, a little understanding & sympathy goes a long way!:)

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Your idea is slick and I used to do that and still do on a couple of my hitch pins too. What I did to stop the fear of losing was to add a piece of chain...
light dog chain.. threading that thru the key ring then attaching the the
chain to the handle on the top end too.
I use these now on my stabilizer bars:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/lock-pin-sw-3-8-x-2-1-2

Maybe not that exact size but you get the picture of what they look like and
how they work. Makes it easier for me to attach actually way easier to pull out too as the wire loop makes an easier thing to grip and I can do it with
gloves on easy. If the wire loop gets a bit lose it's very easy to squeeze it
and tighten it up.
I'm still going to get some of those push pins with the key ring top and spring loaded ball someone brought up here on the site that are slick to use
too on many things AND you can use the extra key ring and chain to keep
from losing them too.
Al

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
As promised- These rings are about 2 1/2" in diameter, and the extra size really makes 'em easier on the fingers. These pins are on the swing lock on my B670 backhoe.

Attachments

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I found these, a while back. I think I got the ones I needed from Mcmaster-Carr, didn't check the prices on the link below. I had a Hustler bagger, that had some pins underneath, and on the grass catcher, in positions that were extremely uncomfortable to get the hair pin clip out, and these have been a blessing, just push the button, and the ball releases, just like a craftsman ratchet wrench...:D

http://innovative-components.knobsource.com/category/all-categories-positive-locking-pins