Sidekick 850 Seatbelt alarm

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I know this will come with some controversy but I’m try to find a seatbelt clip to attach my female end so I don’t need to use the seatbelt at such a low speed. I’m in the woods and jumping on and off all the time And that beeping noise drives me nuts.
I tried a universal clip off Amazon but it’s to small. I see they make them for gators and they also make a plug n play version for the electrical box. Any RTV guys or gals have a source to help me out ?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I just plug in the drivers seatbelt and tuck the shoulder strap under the back rest. It's out of the way other than flipping up the drivers seat.

You could jumper the seat belt switch harness between the seats.

My beef is the "you have to start the engine with the gear shift in neutral". I'm trying to decide if I want to tie a gearshift bypass switch into the brake pedal switch or use a momentary push button on the console. I miss the auto start stop of my golf cart.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I use a bypass like this for my Ranger. I’m not sure if this will work on an RTV or not.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
My RTV-X900 has no seat belt devices. I never use the belts at all. (Of course, someone will rib-me and point out a X900 won’t go fast enough to hurt you anyway.). LOL :ROFLMAO:

(I wouldn’t want to fall out at 25 mph in a turn or with a front tire blow-out tho’. The seats do have a “hip-bar” that prevents sliding off the seat.)

It’s ridiculous (IMO) that people unrelated to the owners are so quick to put on their fake “lawyer wigs” and try to frighten owners from doing whatever they wish with their own property. I’d unplug the switch or bypass it if it bothered me. I’m quite happy to assume responsibility for operating my own equipment.

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
It’s ridiculous (IMO) that people unrelated to the owners are so quick to put on their fake “lawyer wigs” and try to frighten owners from doing whatever they wish with their own property.
I find it ridiculous that some people defeat safeties or modify equipment that makes equipment even more dangerous. It one thing to win the Darwin award for yourself, it's downright criminal if these mods kill a kid or unsuspecting new operator or bystander.

Common sense is an oxymoron.