Sickle Bar on my BX

Sidekick

Equipment
Sidekick 850, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
Last year I purchased an Enrossi sickle bar mower for my BX and haven't seen another thread about it so I decided to share a video I made about it. A perfect fit for my BX with some weight on the front to keep it down. Really does a nice job around my pond and in wet areas I can't mow weekly. Also good around the edges. Only complaint was the price increase that mostly was caused by sky high shipping container rates at the time. BX tractors are a great little tractor.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

LenPA

Equipment
l3901
Jan 2, 2022
Sayre,Pennsylvania,USA
Last year I purchased an Enrossi sickle bar mower for my BX and haven't seen another thread about it so I decided to share a video I made about it. A perfect fit for my BX with some weight on the front to keep it down. Really does a nice job around my pond and in wet areas I can't mow weekly. Also good around the edges. Only complaint was the price increase that mostly was caused by sky high shipping container rates at the time. BX tractors are a great little tractor.
Does it need a third function hydraulic line?

Sidekick

Equipment
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
Does it need a third function hydraulic line?
I used my loader valve for the tilt cylinder. I don't have a loader on this though so a third function line would be required with a loader. They are also available with a manual tilt that doesn't use hydraulics but that would be a pain to use unless you're doing a big flat hay field.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Now, that's something one does not see every day....

Reactions: 1 user

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
It is very handy if you have areas that are wet and hard to access with a mower. Just perfect size for a BX
Honestly.. I'm thinking for fields where ideally you'd use a Flail Mower or Rough Cut.. this works just as good and it's half the price. Tons of people call me saying they have acres of land that they just want to knock down so this would be ideal.

Sidekick

Equipment
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
Honestly.. I'm thinking for fields where ideally you'd use a Flail Mower or Rough Cut.. this works just as good and it's half the price. Tons of people call me saying they have acres of land that they just want to knock down so this would be ideal.
That is what this is really for. Especially if you're cutting for hay. Lower hp draw then a flail also, but at over $5k with tax it was quite a bit more then a flail.

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
That is what this is really for. Especially if you're cutting for hay. Lower hp draw then a flail also, but at over $5k with tax it was quite a bit more then a flail.
Yeah I just saw the price of them… back on the flail train unless I can pick up an ole sickle mower on Kijiji.

Sidekick

Equipment
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
Yeah I just saw the price of them… back on the flail train unless I can pick up an ole sickle mower on Kijiji.
When I was looking, all the old ones were too big and heavy for a BX. Should have bought it the year before when it was $1000.00 less. Good luck finding one or a flail.

Reactions: 1 users