Sickle Bar for B7100

JohnL

Equipment
1984 B7100HST
Jan 9, 2011
Grand Isle. VT
Hi,

Does anyone know if a sickle bar would fit my B7100? If so, what length and what brand would work?

John

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
John,

I went for the Ford 515. Here are some pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110263...5SickleBarMower?authkey=Gv1sRgCIyEkLyfy8DSswE

The Ford 501 is basically the same mower, but it uses a pitman arm drive that limits the angle from horizontal you can mow. The 515 has a wobble box on the bar driven by a belt, so it can mow most any angle you dare to try it on. The only modifications I had to make is that the spring for helping bring up the bar has to tie to a draw bar so as you lift the arms the spring pulls the tip of the bar up faster/higher. I made a bar out of 2x2 square tube that angles out so the tie the spring misses the PTO shaft. The other modification was the break away bar the connects to the stabilizer point under the Ford tractor axle. I took the break away bar off and chained the mower to the same point as the left lift arm attachment to the tractor. I then put a weak link in the chain so that if I hit something solid and the mower needs to break away, it will break the link. I suspect the mower can easily swing the front of the B7100 around before it breaks the link since it is so light on the front. I did add fluid to all 4 tires to improve the stability when mowing. I used it last summer to mow ditches along side of our road and was very satisfied with it. I don't know if I would want to mow a whole hay field with it. I don't remember right off, but I think it has a 5 or 6 ft bar.

If you need any more pictures, I can try to get them. I have it stored for the winter now.

Good luck,

John

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
Hi,

Does anyone know if a sickle bar would fit my B7100? If so, what length and what brand would work?

John
451 new holland baddest sickle ever made.they make a 456 new holland which is the same mower mounted on a 2 wheel dolly.the only advantage to it is it is easy hook and unhook.the disadvantage is it so short it is hard to backup,even worse backing off of a trailer.you also need a remote valve to raise and lower the bar.a single acting valve is all you need since it just lowers by gravity.if you have a fel you can run a hose to your quick connect for fel.a new 451 last year here in east texas a new one sold anywhere from 7500.00 to 8100.00.dont know how much the price increased this year.

JohnL

Equipment
1984 B7100HST
Jan 9, 2011
Grand Isle. VT
Thanks guys for the picks and advice. Since I have a pretty good field to mow I think I'll keep an eye out for a 4 foot rear mower.

JL