Sick G2000

scopeman

Equipment
G2000
Jun 7, 2014
Greer
Hello guys, New to the site, looks like a good place to go for getting and giving answers! Well My father has gave me his Kubota G2000 series lawn tractor, but with a new battery, trying the to start it via key switch, there is nothing, once he indicated the the lights on the panel came on but since then there has bee no activity. tried a screwdriver across the two bolts on the starter but no spark! I dont know where the fuses are but have been looking to see if that maybe a problem there. the seat switch has always been by passed and brake pedal depressed when trying. any help will be great appreciated!:)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If your jumping across the starter and get nothing you have one of three choices.
You have a dead "new" battery... Rare.
You have a bad connection on either battery terminal on the end of either cable.
You have a dead starter, or you didn't actually jump the right terminals.

scopeman

Equipment
G2000
Jun 7, 2014
Greer
Thanks Idaho Wolf Man!
I did check those connections and have 12.46v at the solenoid (bolt) I crossed it with the other bolt beside it. and no spark, I measured the small white wire that is plugged in to a single terminal near those bolts and got 11v with key switch on and 12 plus volts with the key in the start/crank pos. and of course nothing. if that helps..

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Try jumping from the top big bolt to the small connection, if you get nothing you have a bad starter. ;)

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
scopeman,

Check your ground at each end too. You should only get 12v at the white wire when the key is in the start position. The battery will backfeed 12v if the ground isn't good. This same thing happened to me.

Hope this helps.

scopeman

Equipment
G2000
Jun 7, 2014
Greer
Thanks guys! I checked the frame ground that looked good, went across the bolt and said terminal and the solenoid clicked a few times and finally in-gauged the starter and she cranked up. I think it had been sitting for about a year and frozed up.:)

Last edited: