Show us your Shop and Equipment

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
You guys are doing some terrific projects! One of my sons is into metal work, another into woodworking. I'm into watching with my mouth open at what you all produce.

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Machinery shed getting new doors. Old double bi-folds being replaced with two sliders. Contracted out so it will be done right. Will be rough cut hemlock. There was not one part of this door that was still square. Funny feeling that the footers were less than code.

shed1.jpg

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I decided to make a 2” boring head using my lathe and the milling attachment. All that’s left is to make the adjustment screw and add a saw cut and set screws to one side of the dovetail to lock down the head.

IMG_2008.jpeg
IMG_2006.jpeg
IMG_2003.jpeg
IMG_2001.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Picked up these at a garage sale within walking distance of my house, $5 ea.
Gonna need some cleanup, will post again when I get around to that.
Small one is a Shamrock Tool, 6x6x8.
Larger one is a Challenge, 8x10x6, with a King Radio asset tag from Olathe, KS.
:)
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Background:
When the rear hub on my B7100 failed, I found I had an oil leak from one of the bolts that hold the BH mounting plates to the sides of the differential case. When I torqued on it, it stripped.
When I get around to replacing the failed hubs, I will Helicoil that stripped hole.

The hole is a thru hole into the case, so breaking off the Helicoil tang presents a problem. (don't want that tang floating around in the diff)

So I have re-created a tool I came up with 30+ years ago when I worked for a major aerospace firm.
Situation was nearly identical, except it involved a smaller thread repair. (3/8-24 vs 12mm x 1.75)
(We tried breaking the tang with a long needle nose plier, but it was not 100% reliable for retaining the tang.)
Building this tool was a little easier to make because it was larger, but also harder because I no longer have access to an EDM machine.

Operation is pretty self explanatory; after seating the coil, tool is inserted, hooked on the tang, & the screw tightened. Tool is given a quick rap and the tang is withdrawn clamped in the tool.

IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
I got a new to me lathe.
Had to go to Boston to pick it up.
54904.jpeg

the last picture is of back to my shop
54903.jpeg
54915.jpeg

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Made the adjustment screw from 4140 PHT and cut a slot and added set screws to the dovetail. The hex in the adjustment screw is the head of a 1/4” SHCS pressed in. All that’s left is adding graduations to the dial
IMG_2010.jpeg
IMG_2011.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Cut the graduations on the dial today. Printed out a couple paper templates with 50 and 100 graduations and sandwiched them between 1/8” plexiglass. I bolted it to a plastic plug pressed into the spindle.
IMG_2031.jpeg
IMG_2030.jpeg

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Background:
When the rear hub on my B7100 failed, I found I had an oil leak from one of the bolts that hold the BH mounting plates to the sides of the differential case. When I torqued on it, it stripped.
When I get around to replacing the failed hubs, I will Helicoil that stripped hole.

The hole is a thru hole into the case, so breaking off the Helicoil tang presents a problem. (don't want that tang floating around in the diff)

So I have re-created a tool I came up with 30+ years ago when I worked for a major aerospace firm.
Situation was nearly identical, except it involved a smaller thread repair. (3/8-24 vs 12mm x 1.75)
(We tried breaking the tang with a long needle nose plier, but it was not 100% reliable for retaining the tang.)
Building this tool was a little easier to make because it was larger, but also harder because I no longer have access to an EDM machine.

Operation is pretty self explanatory; after seating the coil, tool is inserted, hooked on the tang, & the screw tightened. Tool is given a quick rap and the tang is withdrawn clamped in the tool.

View attachment 116653 View attachment 116654 View attachment 116655
I would use a time-sert, yes more money, but a much stronger repair. I have used them in aluminum engine blocks for the heads bolts that strip out in the Northstar engines.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I would use a time-sert, yes more money, but a much stronger repair. I have used them in aluminum engine blocks for the heads bolts that strip out in the Northstar engines.
You're probably right, but I had these h-coils on hand.
Plus, after tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of installations, I've never had a failure. (knock on wood) 😅

Obstreperous

Equipment
L3902
Nov 30, 2023
AZ
Hello everyone my name is Mark,
While waiting for the tractor on order I figure I would contribute pics of my small shop. I can run most machines manual or CNC's and do my own programing at the control but I have never been on a tractor before..
I bought a L3902 HST with the loader & 66" bucket/ bolt on cutting edge.
For the rear I ordered Gearmore 2G2-66" scraper & 3 spool valve with spring detent kits for Top & Tilt
I have hard rocky soil against a 150ft hill. I need drainage by cutting or building up and lining with rock two 200ft canals, also I live on a privet road that gets damaged after the monsoons.
I mostly make custom gun barrels in the AK world but have been in the machining, toolmaking, manufacturing world for 40+ years and can make it if it fits on the machine.
I have a Haas CNC Lathe
Ingersall Compressor
Lagun Knee mill with new magnetic DRO and power feed.
30HP Phase converter
Jet cutoff saw
More toolboxes than I know what to do with.

• Love

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
After years of casually looking for a Bridgeport style knee mill, I finally bought one yesterday. It is a Willis model 1050. It was almost 5hrs away in Michigan but for the price it was worth the drive. It’s well equipped with a digital readout, power feed on the X axis, pneumatic power drawbar, oiler pump, 6” column riser, and light.

Obviously, my BX wasn’t capable of lifting the nearly 3,000 lb mill off of my trailer. Luckily, a friend around the corner has an old Massey Ferguson rough terrain forklift that I borrowed to get the mill just inside the door of my shop. My 8 ft door is too short to fit the forklift through. Then, the BX was used to slide the mill to the back corner of the shop.
IMG_2163.jpeg

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Nice!
Congrats!
Column riser too, I see.(y)
Variable speed head.:)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello everyone my name is Mark,
While waiting for the tractor on order I figure I would contribute pics of my small shop. I can run most machines manual or CNC's and do my own programing at the control but I have never been on a tractor before..
I bought a L3902 HST with the loader & 66" bucket/ bolt on cutting edge.
For the rear I ordered Gearmore 2G2-66" scraper & 3 spool valve with spring detent kits for Top & Tilt
I have hard rocky soil against a 150ft hill. I need drainage by cutting or building up and lining with rock two 200ft canals, also I live on a privet road that gets damaged after the monsoons.
I mostly make custom gun barrels in the AK world but have been in the machining, toolmaking, manufacturing world for 40+ years and can make it if it fits on the machine.
I have a Haas CNC Lathe
Ingersall Compressor
Lagun Knee mill with new magnetic DRO and power feed.
30HP Phase converter
Jet cutoff saw
More toolboxes than I know what to do with.

I want that old Haas!!! How muxh of the 30HP RPC does it consume?

Dan