show off your "on" tractor toolbox

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
The concept is a hanger off the pivot point bracket on the ROPS (no mods to the ROPS, use the existing open hole) and a U shaped support that is bolted to the FEL valve hardware. The U shaped support will stick up quite a ways to allow the FEL to be able to move through the full range of movement. It will also have the upper portion removable and plug in to a lower section socket that says bolted the the valve support bolts.

Overall mounting position concept.

View attachment 115780

View attachment 115781

Rear hanger mount location (it won’t be a bungy cord), but you can see the open hole that will be employed.

View attachment 115782

Front mount location (it won’t be chunks if 2x4, that’s just to get the dimensions and orientation).

View attachment 115783

The rear hanger will only be about 4 inches long. The front support will be about 18” tall. Hence why the upper 14” will be removable when the pole saw is not mounted. The saw will be at an angle to the long axis of the tractor to allow the FEL to have full functionality (since I’ll likely have the grapple on it). It will pass over the top of the FEL lever to allow it to be usable. The “dry” fit suggests there will be plenty of shoulder room as the saw angles towards the center of the tractor such the the boom on the FEL can come up without hitting the saw.

The mount on the existing valve hardware and the socket/removable section will take a bit of thought to get right.

But if it was easy, anyone could do it. I like a good challenge to solve. I maybe slow, but I sure am slow.
Very Smart.....I like it!

Going to employ the same concept to mine. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.

Thank You for the idea. (y)

Flint.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Very Smart.....I like it!

Going to employ the same concept to mine. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.

Thank You for the idea. (y)

Flint.
You are welcome. Turnabout is fair play!

My cargo box looks like yours for a reason.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have two 30 cal ammo cans mounted on each side of the deck.

20210604_182700.jpg
20210604_182433.jpg

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
My solutions: I removed the plastic factory pencil box from the ROPS crossbar and installed a real tool box with u bolts. Then I decided that I needed a “glove box” for gloves, cell phone and miscellaneous. I had just enough room to install a small ammo box behind the SMV sign on the cross bar after making an extension for the SMV sign bracket. My chain is in the chain bucket below my grill guard. Perfect for my uses.

Attachments