Shoulda Coulda Wish I Would Have?

Snave

Equipment
BX1880, LA344s, Back Blade
Nov 24, 2021
Prospect, Nova Scotia, Canada
Buyers remorse? It comes in waves. Have a BX1880 with FEL, 48" MMM, also have a stump bucket. So yes, I can dig a trench, pop stumps, roll large stones. Pretty much everything I could do with the 23s. Is it easy, nope, it takes time and some finagling but it gets the job done. So why the remorse? I chaulk it up to testosterone and being a visual type of person and watching the video's of the backhoe at work. If a lottery win comes my way, I will likely go straight to the B.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Been there, done that...

I felt similar when getting my L2501. The backhoe was nagging me. I originally ordered it without the BH by saying things like "well I 'll just rent a better one when I need it" or some such other justification...... but in the end I realized that the voices in my head were not going to just go away.

A phone call to my dealer changed that. (took a year to get it though)

Always listen to those voices in your head.

Reactions: 2 users

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Followed by a couple of L’s and then an M. Nobody that owns a tractor doesn’t wish at some time that it was bigger with more power. That being said, I am amazed what those sub compact tractors are capable of doing

Reactions: 5 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Buyers remorse? It comes in waves. Have a BX1880 with FEL, 48" MMM, also have a stump bucket. So yes, I can dig a trench, pop stumps, roll large stones. Pretty much everything I could do with the 23s. Is it easy, nope, it takes time and some finagling but it gets the job done. So why the remorse? I chaulk it up to testosterone and being a visual type of person and watching the video's of the backhoe at work. If a lottery win comes my way, I will likely go straight to the B.
If the lottery win comes my way, it will look like these would be added to the barn:

1676034706006.png

1676034731745.png

Reactions: 9 users

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
I really didn't know a thing about tractors (who knew they came in different colors!!)... I didn't at the time and went with the first dealer's word that I should have a L2800.

No idea there were so many and that I could of had a few more HP for a grand more, L3400 (found that out after the fact). I had remorse, wish I research buying more... but 18 years later, I never NEEDED those extra HP and now I would never sell my L2800.

That extra money that I saved, went into more (used) implements... (I had a problem with buying implements, bought stuff I never used, bought multiple copies of the same implement (hard to pass on a good deal right?))

As for the fancy equipment above... always dream of owning them but (still) could not justify the cost of them. If I won the lottery, I would pay someone with that equipment to do whatever it is I wanted done!!!

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Yep, been there, done that.

I first, bought too small. Then, I followed that up with realistically, the perfect sized tractor (sure, more lift capacity would be nice) but, perhaps a little too low on power. Luckily, instead of purchasing a new, more powerful tractor. I was able to get all the power I need with my current tractor with some innovative modifications.

It’s a journey for all of us.

Mike

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I went straight to the top. M5660 on my 2 acre estate. (But I maintain another 40 out of town)

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
My wife better cash that lottery ticket before I do, cause ya'll are thinking small.....

1676054838415.png

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don't have any, yet for the tractor. I bought a ballast box that I haven't used. Maybe this year.

I've only had my tractor two years. I know I'm trading off less HP for emissions. Frankly, I'd rather not have the emissions if that's the only way I could get a few more HP. At the point that you cross that emissions line, you might as well go all of the way with much more power and cab. :D

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I don't have any, yet for the tractor. I bought a ballast box that I haven't used. Maybe this year.

I've only had my tractor two years. I know I'm trading off less HP for emissions. Frankly, I'd rather not have the emissions if that's the only way I could get a few more HP. At the point that you cross that emissions line, you might as well go all of the way with much more power and cab. :D
I like big cabs and I can not lie.............

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I was fortunate I had prior tractor experience, albeit with MUCH older machines when I bought mine. Dealer asked what I planned to use it for and pointed me to a L2501. Told him the MX5400 three units down the row was more what I was looking for and didn’t care if he understood why or not, but it was just a tiny. bit too wide to fit down some of our trails that can’t be widened without mass destruction so settled on the L4701 as the absolute biggest thing that would fit (some places I have less than an inch on both sides). Wish I’d gotten the rear remotes with top/tail out of the gate but otherwise I got all I could get. Would have been disappointed with anything less.

Sometimes I wish I’d come off the $9k for the backhoe and added a hydraulic thumb as that would be really sweet at times but in reality I probably wouldn’t have more than a couple hours on it by now so more of a cool thing to have than a truly practical implement for me.