Should I buy?

meat12

Equipment
'01 L4330
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Hi guys/girls, I have been reading on this site and have found it very friendly and informative, so I thought I would give it a shot. This is my first post with hopefully many more to come.

Here is my question; I found an 01 L4330HST for 10,800. Some more info, loader, turf tires, new fronts, 50%rears, Hydro, 1600 hours. The catch....its rusty, it was used as a loader in a mom and pop landscaping company and loaded salt in the winter. The rust is bad enough that some of the tin should probably just be replaced vs trying to blast fill and paint, otherwise it seem very sound mechanically. Thoughts, advice, comments. Any and all are welcome.

Thanks in advance
Justin

smog

Equipment
B7200HST, diy 3pt forks, diy 3pt blade, 3pt mower, diy hyd rotary broom
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
www.northernliftgates.com
keep in mind your description make it like it's 1600 hours of short work on an engine never up to working temps.

6400 15 minutes jobs is a lot harder on a machine than 40 full weeks (40 hours) jobs

meat12

Equipment
'01 L4330
Feb 20, 2012
WI
keep in mind your description make it like it's 1600 hours of short work on an engine never up to working temps.

6400 15 minutes jobs is a lot harder on a machine than 40 full weeks (40 hours) jobs
Smog, I guess I am not entirely sure that it was only used in the yard, it was a lanscaping company so I believe it was also used to put in lawns, and other on the jobsite applications. That being said I am pretty confident that the motor is ok, I am more concerned about the cost of repairing/replacing the bodywork. I am pretty handy, but this is my first modern tractor and I just dont know much about the kubota tractors.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Rust and high hours, I'd say no at that price.

If the sheet metal needs replacing, the corrosion is likely in places hard to see.

meat12

Equipment
'01 L4330
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Rust and high hours, I'd say no at that price.

If the sheet metal needs replacing, the corrosion is likely in places hard to see.
Is 1600 hours high hours? What can a well maintained diesel machine be expected to go before it needs before repair?

I am really having a hard time finding even a 30hp range tractor for the 10 to 11k range, so I was thought this was a fair price...bummer. Hmmm now what.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
1600 hours isn't very high, if it's been maintained well. Our old 3750 has 2065 hours and was not maintained very well. It's rough, have had a few major repairs and needs more. Hydraulics are weak, engine has blow-by, etc...

If you can check out that one very good and make sure the rust/corrosion hasn't got to every nut and bolt, you might be OK. I'd offer less though.

Good luck.

meat12

Equipment
'01 L4330
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Bluegill, I looked it over good and drove it around for about ten minutes. The price is as low as he will go, he already came down a few hundred. He put new front tires, alt and battery. He is giving me that price out the door, so that includes tax. Plus he is throwing in all the fluid filters for me as well. I think if I squeezed him any harder he would tell me to go pound sand. The frame, loader and motor are actually pretty clean, its just the tin thats shot.

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
Justin,
What is the condition of the fluids?
If they ate really bad or really good I would reconsider.

E/S

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Bluegill, I looked it over good and drove it around for about ten minutes. The price is as low as he will go, he already came down a few hundred. He put new front tires, alt and battery. He is giving me that price out the door, so that includes tax. Plus he is throwing in all the fluid filters for me as well. I think if I squeezed him any harder he would tell me to go pound sand. The frame, loader and motor are actually pretty clean, its just the tin thats shot.
Well, if it checked out good and you can live with the price of new sheet metal, go for it. Kubota's are tough and I'm sure it has a lot of life in it.

I hesitate on your price for that one (in that condition), because I just paid 16k for a L3800DT, w/14 hours, FEL and new 5' Land Pride mower.

meat12

Equipment
'01 L4330
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I hear ya Bluegill. I know there is good deals out there on stuff that is used but basicly in new shape, but I just cant swing that much coin right now. This seems to fit my "best bang for the buck" in my price range. Everything around here in the 10-11k range is either small, or small and used up.

meat12

Equipment
'01 L4330
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Justin,
What is the condition of the fluids?
If they ate really bad or really good I would reconsider.

E/S
Not sure, I am going to call the previous/origional owner tomorrow to find out.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I hear ya Bluegill. I know there is good deals out there on stuff that is used but basicly in new shape, but I just cant swing that much coin right now. This seems to fit my "best bang for the buck" in my price range. Everything around here in the 10-11k range is either small, or small and used up.
I know about the budget, man. I actually wanted a slightly larger tractor, but went with what I could find at the price. It has worked out very well though. :cool: