Shelter for bx25d

TonyMast

Equipment
BX25D BH FEL Mid Mower
Jun 16, 2014
Cortlandt Manor, NY
Live in NY about 35 miles north of city.
I'm tired of covering BX25D w/BH and FEL with large tarp
every night. I don't have anyplace to store indoors.
Has anyone purchased a good tent that would take the winter (NY area)
that I can drive BX into and zip it up?
Not looking to spend a lot of money needs to be at least 10 x 20?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
For what you will spend on a crappy or even a good portable shelter, why not look into building a solid roofed shelter? Even just a roof, and add sides at a later date. it will last forever, and if its a small structure you do not need a permit. You could even build it on skids so you can move it around the property

Farmallguy

Equipment
BX2360 w/54" deck & Back blade
Oct 8, 2014
Silver lake, MN
We bought one of those premade Amish built sheds for two grand and love everything about it. put all of our garden tools and kids toys in it works great and everything is done on it!

woodskiff

Apr 26, 2014
Mansfield
I lived a few years north of you in Kingston. I had a Rino and worked fine. We never had real heavy snow to test. I now live on island off east coast of Canada and the Rino collapsed the first winter. However we get heavy snow and high Wind.
Yes, I do snow rake my Rinos when we get a lot of snow. Thank you for adding that observation. I also spent time with getting the installation and anchoring prep correct. However, for the cost and portability I could not match the cost of adding any pole/permanent structure to my already large shop/garage.

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
Highly suggested to Save your money for a proper shelter, those tent style tarp structures all fail in the first big storm event. Wind and/or snow and they fail. A proper wood/truss shed will last many many years with no trouble and added security against theft too:)

trouble11

Equipment
kubota b9200, bf350fel,b4530 hoe, 2002 Gmc Sierra with plow
Jun 12, 2012
Plattsburgh, NY
My neighbor has a 12ft x 20ft Rhino Shelter, He has had this shelter for 6 years and it is still in perfect condition. The price now is about $850.00 but I think it,s a bargain. We live in Northern NY about 15 miles from the Canadian Border and We have a Lot of snow. He had tried a Shelterlogic and it did not last a Year, It ripped all over and Buckled under snow loads. The Rhino shelter is the Round style and if We get a foot of snow or more He just goes inside with a broom and taps the Roof and all the snow falls off. I think I,ll get one because the Dealer said that for $200.00 more they would set it up correctly, so You can get a great shelter installed for about $1000.00 The Best of Luck to You.:):D

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
If your handy, you would be amazed what you can build for that same $1,000. It wont blow around, no worries about snow load, and you can store implements with it. You can use the hoe to dig the post holes and the bucket to add a thick layer of gravel to raise it up.

mwjoerin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1981 L245DT, FEL, 4' Rotary Mower, 41" Tiller, PTO Sprayer, Hiller, Cultivator
May 18, 2014
SW Washington State
I see fabric shelters around the country side. Even used some huge ones overseas for aircraft. For long-term uses, I would be concerned about having one rot out due to UV or moisture. How long can one expect the fabric to last.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
It's been a couple weeks, have you come up with a solution, or just using a temporary tarp still?

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Does your zoning allow for a lean-to? Some pics of your situation might help.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
My Shelter Logic lasted about a year before a big wind came and took it about a half a mile away. It wrapped around a power pole or otherwise I probably never would have found it.

I used grain bin anchors to anchor it, unfortunately there is no way to keep the wind from eventually getting in the ends.

I do live on the top of the hill without mature trees at this point. Snow was never an issue because when it snows in Saskatchewan it comes horizontal instead of vertical.

I read above a urinal in Lloydminister:

Why is Saskatchewan so windy?

Because Edmonton blows and Winnipeg sucks!:rolleyes:

Bit of Canadian prairie humour?