Setting up R1 width

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
I just got the call from the dealer that the R1 tires have come in for my L4701.
i have been reviewing the manual for how to widen them on the rim but find it confusing.
right now I have r4 on it and I would like to mirror that width with the R1. Which setting on the r1 rims mirrors that. I would like to tell my dealer so they can set it up ahead of time but I’d like to know for myself so I can verify
Thanks in advance

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Measure the outside width of your existing tires. Tell the dealer to set it that wide. My L2501 came set to the narrowest width. I've contemplated setting it wider but it's working fine as is.

Reactions: 1 user

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Most rims are pretty easy to adjust. Start with the center disk. It can be set with the tangs close to the tractor or flip them around so they are set out wide. Now the rims have offset pieces to bolt into. By setting the piece on the rim to the inside or outside the tang of the disk you get different widths. You may need to move the rim from one side of the tractor to the other so the tread is in the correct direction.

This is not the best video but it gets the idea across.