Service manual for a b1500 M 4x4 tractor

Kiwifarmer

Sep 11, 2017
New Zealand
Hi, I am new to this site and would like to reach out if any one could help me out with a service and repair manual for B1500M tractor that I have recently brought for my property here in New Zealand. Has an issue with the rear hydraulics not holding up my topping mower and will slowly sag. (not so good when moving around the property) Many thanks in advance for any help

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
B1500 is a Japanese gray market import into the USA and Australia/NZ
Check out gray market info here
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20716
There is no direct equivalent for the B1500, (I am currently doing some repairs to one for a friend, a few hydraulic leaks and not charging), I am deciphering bits and pieces of electrical diagrams from other models like the B6000, B7200, B8200 etc.
Here is a list of gray crosses from the above links
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=208087&postcount=2
So for service manuals go here and download some of the above listed models WSM's and operator manuals, and you should be able to work out bits and pieces of different machines that are similar to yours to get you through.
http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor Owners Manuals/

Last edited:

Kiwifarmer

Sep 11, 2017
New Zealand
Many thanks for all of the information. Grey tractor, good way to put it. It is very common for machinery to be shipped to NZ directly from Japan as an import. I will have a hunt and I am sure will find some interesting material. again many thanks for your help

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Gray/grey import means parallel import, meaning Kubota do not ship these machines to our locations, they are privately imported by other companies, and they are "JDM" kubotas, (Japanese domestic market) which are different than the main line of tractors for exports to our markets. Kubota Australia and I expect NZ do not supply parts/backup for these tractors. So when you go to Kubota AUS website and go to the illustrated parts diagrams, B1500 does not come up, because it is not an Australian market tractor.

edowns

Equipment
B1600
Dec 21, 2011
Salop, UK
Thanks 100td for the link to the manual.
I have a ZB 1600 and now a manual that more or less matches it if I ignore the "Z".
One extra question though - what oil do I use in the transmission? Just ordinary gear oil?
Cheers

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Basically, if it has hydraulics running with transmission you need a hydraulic oil, if it's a diff or gear box with no hydraulics then 80/90 gear oil.

edowns

Equipment
B1600
Dec 21, 2011
Salop, UK
The owner's manual doesn't mention the hydraulics at all !
It is pretty old and I suspect that the gearbox oil is quite separate from the hydraulics (& axles oils). There is no oil on the dipstick to use as a guide so tomorrow I'll have a look at what comes from the drain plugs before I top it up - to be on the safe side.
Thanks