Service Manual 1999 Kubota L2500DT

Coupland350

Equipment
Kubota l2500
Nov 22, 2023
Elgin, Texas
Where can I get a service manual for a 1999 Kubota L2500DT? I don't mind paying for one so long as it covers everything. I searched the web and there seems to be a lot of places to get them but I'm not sure if they are really what I'm looking for.

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
I just bought a reprint WSM for L2500 on eBay for $32, including shipping.

Would love to chat with you about your L2500. I think mine is an early build. Rear wheels were date coded 06/97.

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
Did you get a WSM?
I have mine, if you need to know anything specific.

Took a close look at your avatar pic.
Your L2500 looks to be equipped very similar to mine.

What I noticed early on is that, without any implements or weights on the rear end - as your tractor is configured - it is VERY light on the rear end. Mine is so light that way that, with the bucket raised and nothing in it, the tractor does not have enough traction to back up even a slight grade (in 2WD)

As you may have seen, I am awaiting new rear tires (and rims) for my L2500, and I fully intend to fill them with fluid. That will add about 900 lbs to the rear axle, depending on what fluid I choose (CaCl2 or beet juice).

How is the condition of your front wheel drive propeller shaft?
The L2500 has a fairly extreme gear ratio (front:rear) of 1.6363.
Have you done a Rolling Circumference test yet?

-Paul

Last edited:

Coupland350

Equipment
Kubota l2500
Nov 22, 2023
Elgin, Texas
Did you get a WSM?
I have mine, if you need to know anything specific.

Took a close look at your avatar pic.
Your L2500 looks to be equipped very similar to mine.

What I noticed early on is that, without any implements or weights on the rear end - as your tractor is configured - it is VERY light on the rear end. Mine is so light that way that, with the bucket raised and nothing in it, the tractor does not have enough traction to back up even a slight grade (in 2WD)

As you may have seen, I am awaiting new rear tires (and rims) for my L2500, and I fully intend to fill them with fluid. That will add about 900 lbs to the rear axle, depending on what fluid I choose (CaCl2 or beet juice).

How is the condition of your front wheel drive propeller shaft?
The L2500 has a fairly extreme gear ratio (front:rear) of 1.6363.
Have you done a Rolling Circumference test yet?

-Paul

Coupland350

Equipment
Kubota l2500
Nov 22, 2023
Elgin, Texas
I have a WSM on the way from Ebay. Should here the end of the week.

That pic is the day I bought it and brought it home. And yes, it's light in the rear. I bought a 5' box blade that week and it hardly ever comes off the tractor. And, I add more weight to the box blade when needed. And that would be whatever I can find at the moment.... tree stumps, concrete blocks or big rocks.

Why are you ordering tires and wheels?

I've never looked at the FWD propeller shaft to be honest. Should I? It works as far as I know.

I don't even know what gears ratio I have. And, I have never heard of the Rolling Circumference test. Although, I did google it and now I know something new. I replaced the front tires a few months ago and it seems to drive okay with the new tires. But, maybe something to check once I get it running again.

I'm currently dealing with an engine knock. I've pulled the injectors, and glow plugs while I was there. Going to have them checked out if I can't do it myself. Actually, I tested the glow plugs and they work. Just need to get the injectors tested and cleaned or replaced. And then reinstall and see if that fixes the problem. So, I need a WSM if this doesn't fix the knock. The tractor has around 450 hours, so I'm hoping this does the trick.