Selfmade front mower

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello,

has somebody an idea to built a front mower for a Kubota B-Type?

I have just set up a lawn of 3000 sqm (33000 sqft). But the quality of the cut with my mulcher is to rough.

May idea is so far to have the simple mower moved to the working area at the back hooked up to the 3ph.
At the lawn I fix it at the front and just drive it around. It should has own tires to be moved easely.
And I would like to power it with an hydraulic motor.
I think about a 2 or 3 blade mower.

So the main question is, can the hydraulik pump of the engine (D850) support enough oil for such device?
Or do I have to connect it to the front PTO. This I don't like, because the access to the front PTO is very tricky. And there is no clutch.
Or has somebody tried to get the back PTO some how connectet to the front. My B-Type can support a rpm up to 1000. So the torque is not as high as with 540rpm.

Maybe someone already bild something like this for a B-Type? Even have photos?

Thanx for some ideas.

carl

ps.
The simplyest way would be to buy 3-4 hand pushed cylinder mowers and line them up at the front of the traktor. :eek:

Last edited:

Ed Hill

Equipment
B3000 with Meteor drag snowblower and mid-mount mower; M7040 with accessories
Jun 22, 2009
Wheelock, VT
Wouldn't it be easier just to buy a finish mower for the three point hitch? I have a Land Pride 1648 that does a good job, and a Sybex from Italy that also does a good job. The Sybex mows a slightly wider area and has solid tires but otherwise the two machines are about the same. I use either tractor, B8200 or B1750, with either mower with equal results.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello Ed Hill,

Thanx for the answer.

But I would prefer a mower in front of the traktor. I don't want the gras pushed down by the tires, before the blades try to cut it...

carl

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi cabu, I like the idea of the reel mowers as well. I wonder what they are going do when you try to turn a corner.They would probably have to be mounted on a swivel base. I know they will work well on short grass, but I wonder how well they will work on longer grass. And you will have to stagger them to get complete coverage. All in all I really like the Idea. Keep us posted.:cool:

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
@ Theekillerbee & dusty-t

Don't put those words in my mind !! In the end, I will really line up some reel mowers :D

Regarding the last post, that there would be a problem with longer gras. If the gras would grow too fast or I did't had time to cut, in that case I could first shorten it with my mulcher and than cut the last inch with the HighTechFrontDevice, the reel-beast... :cool:

Maybe I sould give it a try...

But first, maybe somebody has a driven front mower and want to share his experience ???

carl