Selfmade fork for the frontlifter

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello friends,

last week I have finished my fork for my frontlifter. The reason for it was to lift the cutted gras from my lawn to get more in the dump corner.
But is really a good attachment for moving old telegraph poles around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L78LUGwWla0

der carl

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Sweet. Looks like that is a keeper :) I did notice that there was a 4 seat teeter totter in the playground.....Is there something you are not telling us? :D All kidding aside very nice job.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Nice work as usual. now, close up pics please!

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
... I did notice that there was a 4 seat teeter totter in the playground.....Is there something you are not telling us? :D ...
My wife is still thinking that 2 are enough. But a friend did a shot for his third one and now the sonography picture shows twins. :eek:
And now my wife is in the mood to think about a third one. :rolleyes:

Hope you get what you are praying for.

der carl

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I am on a business trip in Denmark. Maybe at the weekend when I am back from a shooting contest. :cool:

der carl
Great. But now you've got my interest piqued about the shooting contest.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Great. But now you've got my interest piqued about the shooting contest.
I am in the reserve and a lieutenant of the german airforce. Last month I won the contest in our club with a German ordonance K98. And now I go to the contest of the county.
But two weeks ago we had a north german contest with blackpowder and I won second place with my Marlin 1895CB in 45-70.
At the moment I am waiting for my OA-10. It's a semiautomatic like a AR-10. :cool:

der carl

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Nice looking forks. Are your tires ballasted? Looks like some counterweight wouldn't be a bad idea....
I decided to put no ballast at the rear because I do not want to damage the front axle. The front lift is selfmade and I have no idea what the axle can handel.

der carl

Last edited:

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Here are some pics from my little fork.

I have cut off the cone and the bolt of the pin's, because it would have been to long.
It was a lot of welding to get it connected strong to the frame. The frame is stronger steal then normal.

It's doing what it was planed for, pushing the cut gras higher in the corner as my lawntractor could push.

der carl

Last edited:

Ach

Equipment
Kubota B6000 DT with B219 Loader
Mar 1, 2011
Big Island, Hawaii, USA
Nice forks! Also good for lifting pallets and things like that.

In regards to my ballast comment, all my reading has said to ballast the back while putting a load on the front. That way the weight is evenly distributed across the rear and front axles rather than primarily on the front, which is much weaker. On the other hand, all of my reading referred to a traditional front end loader mounted with a subframe, and so may not apply to your setup.

Regardless, great looking lifter and attachment builds!

-A

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Nice forks! Also good for lifting pallets and things like that.

...and so may not apply to your setup.
-A
Thank you!!

And yes, I understood your comment. If you are building stuff by yourself sometimes its better to put a little less stress to your little friend. :eek:

carl