seized brakes B6000

justinhw

Dec 22, 2019
california
justinhw,
The parts manual for B6000 shows a circlip on the rod on the inside (pic 1 and 2 you posted). Have you taken that off yet? If not, I would take it off, cut two blocks of wood to fit next to lever on outside (pic 3 you posted) and put a block of wood on rod on inside and using hammer, try to gently tap it out of housing. Parts manual also shows two o-rings on the rod, can't really see by the drawing but I suspect one o-ring on each outside and inside of the rod.
Yup, circlips are off

Been soaking for a few days.. the acetone+atf made the pain thin and can almost wipe off, but the thing is still seized! May have to break down and buy one of them ultrasonics..

I have been trying to hammer it out by supporting the back side with some wood - no luck

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I have used the evap o rust. It works well removing rust on the surface of parts.

I have never tried it on a stuck assembly but suppose it would work.

But I think you can get PB Blaster in gallons to soak parts in. I would compare the cost to decide

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yup, circlips are off

Been soaking for a few days.. the acetone+atf made the pain thin and can almost wipe off, but the thing is still seized! May have to break down and buy one of them ultrasonics..

I have been trying to hammer it out by supporting the back side with some wood - no luck
did you heat it with a propane torch first?

angelo c

Equipment
Couple a wheel barrows, shovels and beer
Dec 23, 2019
Neshanic NJ
Yup, circlips are off

Transmission repair shops have a "hot tank" cleaner too. maybe worth a try to ask them if they could toss it in the tank next trans they got going on. I've found when I could not free a rusted part that heat and time are your friends ....heat/ soak/ repeat until free. I uually soak the entire part in ACT/Trans fluid and I mix some diesel in too.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Too bad you live so far away. I could have it out in maybe 5 seconds using my hydraulic arbor press I push broaches with. Makes 20 tons of ram force.