Seat customization on a B2601

boost2525

Equipment
B2601
Sep 22, 2021
Ohio
Looking for some ideas on how to deal with the seat safety switch on a seat customization I'm doing.

Long and short... I have a B2601 and a terrible back. The stock seat is lovely, but the springs mounted under it are worthless and just transfer every bump directly into my back. I found a guy who replaced the suspension seat base on his M9540 with an air ride setup, so I got my hands on his old suspension base plate cheap (cheap! cheap!).

I didn't take a picture of that base plate, but it's basically two steel plates with a gas strut separating them. It sits about 3 inches high, which is pretty close to the spring base on my B2601.

My plan is to mount the seat directly to the suspension top plate, and mount the suspension bottom plate directly to the slide rails (black in the picture) and remove the current spring base and flip up (all the bright steel in the picture). It will take a few custom holes on the suspension plates but is more or less possible with very little headaches from my mockups/tinkering this week.

Having said all that... I would like to keep the seat safety switch for safety reasons but I can't figure out how to make it work in this new setup because the current switch relies on the seat having some bounce and not being flat until my butt plops down. The new setup would have the seat mounted directly to the base plate with no "give".

Any suggestions on how I can cobble something together?

Also, what is that second safety switch, the one at the front. It looks like a normally open circuit that closes when the seat is flipped forward?

Attachments

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
According to the wiring diagram the seat switch and the tilt seat switch are both normally open. The seat tilt is in series with the pto select lever switch. Just some information to help you.

OrangeR

Equipment
B7510
Nov 22, 2021
lex ky
I am looking to do a similar swap, but was wondering about the new seat being too high. How is yours?
Thanks

boost2525

Equipment
B2601
Sep 22, 2021
Ohio
I am looking to do a similar swap, but was wondering about the new seat being too high. How is yours?
Thanks
That's where the customization comes in. In theory, I can keep all the existing seat safety switches and just insert my suspension seat in between the sliding track and the seat hinge hardware... but that would raise me up 3 or 4 inches and I'm already vertically challenged.

If I can solve the safety switch problem I plan to mount the seat to the suspension (instead of the hinge hardware) which should be like a 1 inch difference.