Scored Brinly 60" BB-1000 rear blade for my G5200

73blazer

Equipment
G5200 w/46" Snow Blower,blade,debris blower;,L35;G1800S
Feb 16, 2013
Mid-Michigan
This showed up for $100 about 15mi away from me yesterday.

it's a 60" Brinly cat 0 rear blade BB-1000 (they stopped making them decades ago) . Very heavy duty. Weighs 125lbs. Works very well actually, I thought a 60" would be too wide, but with the heavy angle it works perfect. Can be toolessly flipped for a pusher too.
I got this thing tricked out now. I've got the Kubota G2000 42" front blade that goes on the quick hitch. I got the 46" two stage snow blower which I use all the time in winter. I got a debris blower for the front quick hitch, i converted the snow blower and debris blower to electric rotation, and I have the dual hydro lifts one replaces the mechanical deck/front hitch lift, the other for the cat 0 lift. All I'd like mabey is a cat 0 landscape rake and i'd be all set!
I like this rear blade though, works alot better than the front blade.

Reactions: 1 users

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Great score!
Unique design on the angle - do you just lift the lever to change it?
I also see a pin to adjust the vertical angle. Mine just uses the top link for that.
Does it also tilt?

73blazer

Equipment
G5200 w/46" Snow Blower,blade,debris blower;,L35;G1800S
Feb 16, 2013
Mid-Michigan
Yep just pull that top lever to angle it and you can do it without getting off the machine.
The pin will release to flip it for a pusher, but it also has holes so the attack angle of the blade can be shallow or aggressive. The blade does not tilt but the Kubota's cat 0 has one lift link you can adjust like a top like to effectively tilt it if you want.
If you look at the close up pic the top pin pulls out and it pivots on that bolt below it and you can see the extra set of holes there to change the angle of attack or you can flip it 180 for the pusher with the other set of angle of attack holes. Simple but very effective!
G5200_wRearBladeC.jpg

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Yep just pull that top lever to angle it and you can do it without getting off the machine.
The pin will release to flip it for a pusher, but it also has holes so the attack angle of the blade can be shallow or aggressive. The blade does not tilt but the Kubota's cat 0 has one lift link you can adjust like a top like to effectively tilt it if you want.
If you look at the close up pic the top pin pulls out and it pivots on that bolt below it and you can see the extra set of holes there to change the angle of attack or you can flip it 180 for the pusher with the other set of angle of attack holes. Simple but very effective!
View attachment 82263
Ok, that also explains why it has cutting edges on both top and bottom.
Unique blade indeed!